Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your Absolute "Must Have" Players - 2020 NFL Draft

(12-13-2019, 12:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 12:00 PM)Kane Wrote: I don't think David Carr was really that good.

Like I said, if getting banged around hurts a QBs progression, he wasn't "that dude".
Plus Burrow is a better athlete that is able to make some plays with his legs. Also, I don't think the Bengals OL is that bad Miami, the Jets, and Chicago have all allowed more sacks.
And with a little help via draft and/or FA the OL could be better in just one off season.

IF you have a guy that can win ahead of him, yeah sit the dude. But Dalton and Finley have proven to not be able to win.
Youre trying to say a QB getting hurt cant affect his progression?
Dalton has made the playoffs 4 different years.  You're not going to win the SB in a QBs rookie year and with that roster.  A rookie QB has never won the SB.  Alson how many times a QB is getting sacked isnt the only factor determining how good a oline is.  WR not getting open and the WB holding the ball too long also have to take into account

While I can't speak for Kane. I would think he's maybe implying that if your QB can't overcome an injury to the degree in which his level of play improves or returns to his form then he's probably not a good QB. 

I tend to lean that way. Many QB's have taken some licks over the years and picked up where they left off pretty quickly. McNair, McNabb, Watson, Rodgers, Brady & Luck have all proven that. Favre playing through multiple injuries throughout his career proved that. 

I don't completely fault Dalton though for the shortcomings with the Bengals. Same goes for Marvin Lewis. That team's front office and ownership is well, well known for being extremely cheap and stingy when it comes to selecting and maintaining talent worth their salt. This is why you've seen this team historically take chances on players like PacMan Jones, Vontaze Burfict, Antonio Callaway & Joe Mixon. High talent with a lot of concerns off the field. 

I also fully agree with you regarding the dynamics revolving around a QB getting sacked. There's plenty of variables between bad receivers, holding onto the football too long, bad offensive line play, broken plays, blown assignments, etc. 

I think the number one thing that wasn't said though is just how tough it is to win in the AFC North. The Steelers & Ravens for the most part, since at least 2000, they've tend to dominate off and on in that division. That's why I give credit to Marvin Lewis during his streaks of winning that division or at least being above .500 because I know it's tough there with that cheapskate of an owner and front office. 

If they take Burrow number one overall. He's absolutely starting day one. Because he's too good to sit and it's the Bengals with a young head coach. They can't afford to let him sit. And that's just the trend of today's NFL. Most teams don't sit rookie QB's anymore. For better or worse.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your Absolute "Must Have" Players - 2020 NFL Draft - by Caldrac - 12-13-2019, 01:35 PM