Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This team still needs a Franchise QB. QB may be the top priority.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2019, 03:57 PM by RicoTx.)

(12-30-2019, 03:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 03:27 PM)Rico Wrote: Meh. I don't think the money makes that much difference.  We have just as much money tied up with quarterback as most other teams.  We're just paying our backup instead of our starter.

Unless we can get somebody to take Foles off of our hands and eat some of his cap, we're looking at our quarterbacks for next year.

That likelihood diminished substantially after his post-injury debut. They should have just let him sit.

I'll have to disagree with that as well.  Hindsight, yeah I let him sit.

At the time (and I didn't want them to go after Foles before the season) I think it was the right move.  They paid him to be the franchise quarterback.  Minshew had a few good games but also had a few bad games.  We were only 4-5...it wasn't like we were sitting 7-2 or 6-3 or even 5-4.  So even though popular, it wasn't like Minshew was lighting the world on fire.  

Foles was brought in and paid to be the starter and the franchise guy so you have to see if he can actually be that franchise guy.  Supposedly this was 'his time of year'.

(12-30-2019, 03:47 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Foles is a lesson learned for the FO and fans who believed in him.  Debating on if he should start is trying to hold out hope for the 88million we wasted.  Minshew and another rookie should be battling it out for the starting QB position and we currently have handicapped the spot with NF.  We should fill the other holes via the draft, since the FO tried to keep us in mediocrity till the last days.  Hopefully we can get Lawrence next year to compete with GM, with Foles somewhere being someone else's problem.  IT seems like we are always in this spot.  Dante leaves and we say Calais will mend the damage.  Following year, pick Allen at DE, because Calais is not long term.  Blake goes, we sign Foles out of desperation, now a rookie is doing good and we have to find a way to ship him out.  Following year, no QB due to NF, lets draft TE or OL like we should've done last year but Allen was needed.  Maybe i'm in a small circle of fans that see this as stupidity and not worth making an excuse for.  Fire everybody and get another young QB, TE, OL, LB, and DBs in the next 10 years hopefully.  

Oh and RETAIN YOUR ASCENDING PLAYERS OVER WISHING FA ARE YOUR FUTURE STARTERS.

It did not happen like this.  Foles was signed first.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: This team still needs a Franchise QB. QB may be the top priority. - by RicoTx - 12-30-2019, 03:54 PM