Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Terror leaders now fleeing, in hiding, because of Trump's Soleimani strike

(01-28-2020, 09:49 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 08:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: 1) Russia definitely helped Trump.  And it was reasonable to suspect that Trump or someone working for Trump was trying to coordinate that, especially with Manafort and Flynn in Trump's orbit. Investigations were started to ferret that out, not to "spy" on Trump.

2) Russia only wanted to hurt Hillary.  They wanted to help Bernie, though.  Tell me one pro-Hillary thing Russia did.  After Bernie was out, Russia's pro-left-wing agitprop stopped

1. Funny though how they quickly evolved to spy on Trump.

2. They didn't want to hurt Hillary. To even suggest that shows a total lack of intelligence. Putin owned Hillary. He probably had hard evidence of a quid pro quo on the uranium deal, and he gave Bill $500,000 for a 10 minute "speech." Not only that, federal lands that were open to oil production by Trump would not have happened under Hillary. US oil production is a major drain on the value of Russia's oil. Then there's the US missile defense in Poland. Hillary bought into the Global Warming scam, with the effect of proposed "solutions" crippling the US economy, while Trump pull us out of the Paris treaty accord. Probably lot's more reason for Putin to prefer Hillary that I can't think of.

Russia posted anti-Trump posts on Facebook as well as anti-Hillary posts. The goal was to foment hatred in the US, not to elect Trump who every expert had predicted had no chance. 

I agree that Bernie would have been even better for Putin since he might have shut down all fracking, imposed CO2 limits, drove most of the remaining businesses overseas through taxes and regulations and sped up the destruction of the US economy.

Please show me one example of Russia helping Hillary specifically, the way they helped Trump. I agree they put out some pro BLM and other liberal friendly stuff, but it was meant to take people who favor those causes to dislike Hillary.
If we reduce or stop fracking, that increases oil prices, so that's good for Russia.  So that may be one reason for them liking Bernie. 
But anti-CO2 regs or taxes reduce oil prices and are bad for Russia. If we reduce our consumption of oil, that's bad for Russia.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Terror leaders now fleeing, in hiding, because of Trump's Soleimani strike - by mikesez - 01-28-2020, 11:02 PM