Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stock Market Prediction (Bottom and Year End)

(04-01-2020, 03:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I'm officially done. I'm keeping my funds in the S&P500 index fund (consistent with my transfer last Tuesday).

I was expecting today's crash to actually happen on Monday but oh well, it is what it is.  My breakeven point on the S&P is 3,100 to recoup all of the $$ we lost in March.  We the Year (2019) at 3,250 and our high in Feb was 3,385 so it's feasible to think we could get back there in time --- hopefully by year end (Goldman forecasted 3,200 and Capital forecasted 2,750) so we shall see.

I'm tired of playing day to day (especially on Red days) LOL

Good Luck Everyone .....

THE WAITING IS THE HARDEST PART - Tom Petty

Your position will be just fine (assuming it's in a 401k).  As you (and perhaps your employer) keep contributing you are getting stocks at rock bottom prices.  Eventually the major indices are going to come back.  Just don't expect it to happen quickly.

Contrary to you I wasn't expecting such a large drop today (nearly 1000 points on the DOW), though in hindsight I should have seen it coming.  I still think that the major money managers are re-balancing and re-positioning.  I did (perhaps foolishly) buy some more Boeing today at $130.  Granted we are not talking about a large position, but I still think that this is one of the stocks that will eventually come back to it's 52 week high over the long term, and I don't see it testing it's low of less than $90.

I could be wrong about it, but I am optimistic.  I sure don't want to see the market overall test the bottoms again.

Overall I am about 10% in and 90% cash.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stock Market Prediction (Bottom and Year End) - by jagibelieve - 04-01-2020, 04:25 PM