Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL apologizes for banning players protesting

(06-06-2020, 11:14 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 10:40 AM)Sammy Wrote: I'm not understanding what will change. Is kneeling going to fix something?

To answer both your questions in the simplest way possible, kneeling during the anthem is a protest against racism and police brutality. The goal is to raise awareness of these issues. Obviously, if you want to raise awareness about issues, you want your message to reach as many people as possible. Doing it during the anthem achieved that goal, in a peaceful manner.

The act of kneeling itself will not fix anything. The process of raising awareness of the issues is the starting point to actually having a national conversation about these issues, which, in turn, can lead to concrete changes being made to address these issues. Whether you like it or not, whether you think the issues are real and meaningful or not, that process has now begun in America.

In 2008 my shop supervisor retired, instead of promoting the most senior employee, I promoted a Black man to the shop supervisor position. I had at least seven White men working in my shop at that time that had more seniority (a couple black guys as well). My shop employee base is White, Black, and Hispanic ... I don't deal directly with the shop employees, the Black supervisor does ... Should I encourage him to have "The Talk" with the workers under him now that I am aware why people are kneeling? Oh, that's right, I already knew what the kneeling meant. I don't see what will be fixed. Maybe I should become racist, that way I can be fixed.

Police abuse every skin color, and they stand up for each other at times to a fault. 75 year old white guys are not immune.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL apologizes for banning players protesting - by Sammy - 06-06-2020, 03:13 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 06-09-2020, 07:20 AM