Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another jump to conclusions without all the facts...

(08-25-2020, 05:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 04:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote: What assumptions are being made. There is a video of the full attempted arrest. The facts also show he had an active arrest warrant for sexual abuse, domestic violence, and whatever else. If that isn't a criminal, I don't know what is. Empathy would be justified if he complied with the instructions and the cops shot him while he was laying on the ground handcuffed. There should be no empathy is you fight the cops, ignore them, and reach for a potential weapon. If you, I, etc do that we are getting shot.

We have video yes, but there's not yet any unified story about why or when a taser was used, or who got the idea he had a knife. cops are known to come up with those kinds of justifications after the fact, even planting weapons or drugs at crime scenes.

There was a warrant for his arrest, but it's not clear if the cops knew about that at the time. Obviously, that fact would not be relevant, if none of the officers knew.

so you're adding tidbits of information that muddy the conversation

Man you will try every angle you can to defend a criminal and put the blame on the cops.  The evidence is right in front of your face but your to jaded to accept it.  You speak of empathy like it belongs only to the person who ended up shot.  As soon as I read sex abuse and domestic violence, he lost any chance at empathy from me.  Do you have empathy for his victims, how about the cop that got a brick to the head during a protest over this crap?  Any empathy for the local business owners whos means of supporting their family is going up in flames? 

You know I read a story one about a father who beat to death a man who was molesting his little daughter.  I would love to hear your opinion on that case.  I'm guessing it would make most of our stomachs churn hearing you defend that criminal.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 08-24-2020, 10:03 AM
RE: Another jump to conclusions without all the facts... - by MyBloodIsTeal - 08-25-2020, 06:15 PM
Copycat - by copycat - 08-29-2020, 10:50 PM