Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another jump to conclusions without all the facts...

(08-27-2020, 11:35 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 09:43 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Did MLK and the Southern Leadership Conference riot, loot, steal and attack the police and others when protesting? No. Did they resist when being arrested? No. Did they attack when attacked by dogs, fire hoses, and terror from the KKK? No. They were attacked by all the 'powers that be' , and they prevailed. I dont need to 'revisit' the civil rights movement, I lived thru it.  Thru busing, race riots and marches at my schools.  I didnt read it from a book or from Wikipedia, i was in the middle of it.  While i appreciate your opinion, i respectfully disagree. 'Fiery protests' solve nothing and just further divide.

MLK and his allies did in fact aim to be confronted by police and cause a ruckus. They were often met with fierce opposition and violence which they wholeheartedly faced up to and caused mass commotion. This was planned and talked about. 

I'm not sure where you were during all of this but I'm amazed you think civil rights progression happened due to people protesting within the rules of the time and within what authority allowed them to do. 

Part of the whitewashing if MLK is portraying him as a peace loving man who just wasn't civil rights to progress via standing around abiding by the law and *waiting* for things to change.

1.) These people aren't advocating for civil rights.  

2.) Civil disobedience and near insurrection are two different things.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 08-24-2020, 10:03 AM
RE: Another jump to conclusions without all the facts... - by jj82284 - 08-28-2020, 12:49 AM
Copycat - by copycat - 08-29-2020, 10:50 PM