Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another jump to conclusions without all the facts...

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 10:31 AM by JackCity.)

(08-28-2020, 09:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 08:57 AM)JackCity Wrote: there's been numerous peaceful protests tear gassed and attacked by police before any property was set on fire or anything. The police have a large role in the creation of riots

Didn't see your question. I'm Irish yeah

I'm gonna ask a serious question. I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just trying to gain some perspective. Why come to the political section on a board for a country you aren't a citizen of or know anything about? I certainly know nothing about the political system of Ireland or the lives of it's citizens, so I would feel like a complete hypocrite to go on some message board and offer my "2 cents" on how that country should be run or how it's citizens should think. When you do, it comes off as a little "elitist."

I have a keen interest in politics and America is a pivotal country in what happens abroad. Also very interested in British politics and EU politics but there isn't much to discuss about that here. 

The two party system means many Americans support their parties like football teams and truth gets lost very easily so from the outside it's a lot easier to see things for how they actually are so you not knowing anything about Ireland is irrelevant to me discussing America. If anyone wants to discuss politics in issues in other countries they're very welcome to!

(08-28-2020, 09:07 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(08-28-2020, 08:57 AM)JackCity Wrote: there's been numerous peaceful protests tear gassed and attacked by police before any property was set on fire or anything.
The police have a large role in the creation of riots

Patently incorrect, close to all you post in this section. You might want to stay in the football forum. You seem at least competent to discuss that.

I've yet to see you post coherently in either section

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 08-24-2020, 10:03 AM
Copycat - by copycat - 08-29-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: Another jump to conclusions without all the facts... - by JackCity - 08-28-2020, 10:30 AM