Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't kick Gardner Minshew to curb in draft

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2020, 10:50 AM by Cleatwood.)

(10-15-2020, 10:39 AM)Hurricane Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 10:22 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Minshew has had some problems that make me question if he is the man.   I also want everyone to take into consideration that he is a Sophmore QB on a very mediocre team.

To be honest I am 50/50 on him.    Some of the problems I see:

-Has developed Happy feet in the pocket over the last few weeks.   Checking it down too much while not giving plays time to develop.

-Has had more than a handful of throws that just makes one want to scratch their head.  Throwing 10 feet over receivers head, INT into triple coverage, flat out missing open td's at times.  

That being said he makes 8 out of every 10 throw and always seems to make an amazing throw or two a game.   It is really hard to judge him because the OC forgets the running game exist at times while this team lacks playmakers on the offensive side of the Ball.  Outside of Shenault, Chark,  Robinson everyone else is just kinda Meh.   Butterfingers Conley has kinda vanished lately.  The tight end spot is a non factor again in most games.   Minshew needs a better line and more weapons on the offensive side of the ball to have a fair shot.    He will have the remainder of this year to prove it.

but wasn't he just getting blamed of holding the ball too long and getting sacked? Maybe this is him trying to fix that. Throw a check down quick before he gets sacked? i dunno but every few games its like we see a difference in him. Beginning of the season it was he holds the ball too long, now he panics and gets rid of it too fast. I feel like hes trying to fix his issues but maybe over compensating for it causing others. I do agree with the lack of talent around him. There's so many times you can see during a game that our guys get beat 1vs1 in matchups. It's kinda pathetic.
Chark Viska Cole and Robinson are better than some of the other teams.

Jets WFT Colts Giants Eagles Bengals (maybe) Pats. Those all have worse position players IMO. 

I’m seeing our guys open down field but Minshew can’t get them the ball.

I like Minshew as a backup or in a pinch but again, if Jags are top 2-3, it should be a QB.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gardner Minshew - by NeptuneBeachBum - 10-11-2020, 02:03 AM
RE: Gardner Minshew - by jaguarmvp - 10-11-2020, 01:43 PM
RE: Don't kick Gardner Minshew to curb in draft - by Cleatwood - 10-15-2020, 10:50 AM