Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pro Football Network's Latest 7 round mock

(04-26-2021, 12:25 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 12:12 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I guess I view it differently.

Even if UM did not employ the TE often in college, I can only think of three great QB that never really utilized a TE.

Moon didn't utilize the TE because his Run-N-Shoot offense did not utilize TEs.  Kurt Warner was great for the Rams and he wasn't a big TE guy.  Jim Kelly ran the K-gun in Buffalo

Just about every other great QB I can think of had a TE to provide a reliable target over the middle.

Brady has Gronk.
Big Ben had Heath Miller
Marino and Favre had Keith Jackson. 
Favre also had Mark Chmura
Aikman had Novacek
Montana had Russ Francis and John Frank
Steve Young had Brent Jones
Bradshaw had Cunningham
Stabler had Casper
Mahomes has Kelce
Peyton manning had Dallas Clark
Aaron Rodgers had Jermichael Finley
Drew Brees had Antonio Gates, Jeremy Shockey and Jimmy Graham
Dan Fouts had Kellen Winslow
P. Rivers had Antonio Gates
John Elway had Shannon Sharpe

There are others I am missing, but the point is I think TEs are key to QB success.  I think if we want to maximize the chances that Trevor Lawrence succeeds at the NFL level, we need to get him a reliable TE.

The thing is, Freiermuth is not as good as any of those TE's.

I think he could be a Brent Jones/John Frank type.  But even if you don't think Friermuth is up to the task, it doesn't negate the importance of the position to the development of young QBs.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pro Football Network's Latest 7 round mock - by Bullseye - 04-26-2021, 12:30 AM