Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cities Try to Head Off Eviction Wave as Federal Ban Expires

(08-05-2021, 04:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 03:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I just read the following comment following a news article about this. It's a random comment but it makes you wonder why only $3 billion of the $45 billion available to property owners has not been given out yet. I know red tape slows things down but its getting ridiculous. Anyway.... Maybe I'm just feeling like a conspiracy theorist today. 

"The plan...that was hatched a few months ago, is to offer mortgage help for landlords. All they have to do is sign a contract stating they will rent to whomever the government says...with no vetting AND give the government right of first refusal if they want to sell the property. In other words, you will have to sell the the govt, at a price they deem as 'market value', if you take their 'assistance'."

What say you?

I say that it's bull [BLEEP] .  

I also think that the extension of the eviction moratorium by the CDC is un-constitutional.  Property owners need to start kicking the deadbeats to the curb.

SCOTUS already ruled it unconstitutional.  I am not even sure how this is still a thing.  Wish we would see Trump appointed Federal judges shooting this stuff down.

Eviction backlogs are so large, it will be more than and maybe years before these deadbeats can legally be removed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cities Try to Head Off Eviction Wave as Federal Ban Expires - by StroudCrowd1 - 08-05-2021, 04:51 PM