Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Tacks Game

(10-10-2021, 05:42 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-10-2021, 05:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 1.  I hereby advocate for the creation of a new stat:  Referee Assisted TD (RAT).  The need for such a stat was made obvious today, as the tacks first two TDs were complete fictions created by the officials.  First, there is no conceivably honest, legitimate way that was a fumble.  It's questionable whether it was even a completion.  There is certainly no [BLEEP] way he could have been construed to have made a football move sufficient for a fumble to have been ruled on that play.  Even Gene Steratore, the CBS replay guru, said as much.  In light of the Myles Jack wasn't down play in the AFC Championship a few years back, it's even more infuriating.  The Tacks' 2nd TD was made possible by a completely fabricated pass interference call against Claybrooks on a 3rd down stop.  The only person who saw P.I. on the play was the official who threw the flag.  The announcers didn't see it.  I didn't see it.  The fans in the stadium didn't see it.  Even the tack WR didn't push for the flag.  Considering the officials did NOT throw a P.I. flag in the end zone when the tack defender had clear contact with Arnold, I openly question their impartiality.  Spare me the indignation over that line.  I picked the tacks to win and they are the better team.  But that was far from an honestly officiated game.  The tacks are hard enough to beat without blatantly biased officiating.

2.  Here we are five games into the season, and we still don't have a made FG.  Our kicker of the week, Matt Wright, left four points on the field by missing an extra point and a FG that hit the cross bar on a kick >50 yards.  What did Jaguars fans do to deserve this?!?

3.  For the second week in a row, we have suffered a serious injury to the interior of the OL, this time to Brandon Linder.  Many of us were pushing for a heavy offseason/draft emphasis on the offensive line.  I wonder how much more the line can endure before Trevor Lawrence starts feeling the adverse impacts.  Get well soon, Linder.

4.  Typically, I am not a bash the playcalling guy.  But in my 44 years of football fandom, I've not seen an offensive coordinator as absolutely clueless and addled in the red zone/goal line as Darrell Bevell.  As egregious as that fateful play call in the Super bowl was when he got away from Beast mode against New England, you figure it was the Super Bowl and the pivotal moments.  I could see him maybe getting caught up in the moment.  But it seems he learned nothing from that failure.  His goal line ineptitude has plagued us the past two weeks.  It certainly cost us the Bengals game, and precluded the possibility of us rallying to beat the tacks.

5.     I have to give kudos to James Robinson, who had a superb game today.  Too bad his effort was wasted between egregious officiating, pass defense and goal line play calling.

6.  As bad as the pass defense was, and even though the stats showed Derrick henry had over 100 yards, I thought the run defense held up well against Derrick Henry.  There were several times he was stuffed for no gain or minus yardage, and they stopped him from getting huge runs.

7.     Rookie Watch:

A.  Trevor Lawrence-Showed more signs of progress interspersed with accuracy issues.  I thought there were times his pocket presence was shaky, and other times he was precluded from utilizing his pocket presence due to some pocket collapse.

B.  Travis Etienne-DNP. 

C.  Tyson Campbell-DNP

D.  Walker Little-Active but DNP that I saw.

E.  Andre Cisco-DNP that I saw

F.  Jay Tufele-actually had a Jay Tufele sighting this week, but did not see him make any plays.

G.  Jordan Smith-Did not see him active

H.  Luke Farrell, active this week.  Saw him make a catch.

8.     This may have been the best game of K'Lavon Chaisson's career.  He actually had impact.  Hopefully he can improve.

9.    The 58 yard Laviska Shenault catch and run is, at the moment, the offensive play of the year.  He showed determination and not being tackled, good balance, strength, and an excellent stiff arm.

10.  Bottom line:  Considering the salacious, almost Jerrry Springer-esque dysfunction surrounding the coach this week, I thought the team showed some fight.  There weren't a whole lot of stupid penalties or signs of quit.  There were signs, despite the alarmist reports from some media talking heads, that meyer has NOT lost the team.  Despite this, the pass defense continues to be atrocious. We will need to find a way to get better play out of the interior OL and get more play from the receivers.  The defense must step up and make some more plays.  This losing has gotten way past old, and the modest signs of improvement are not nearly enough to overcome the indignities of losing 20 straight and a coach whose activities earn him more mentions in the gossip columns than the sports section.

P.S.  Screw the tacks!

Indeed another rough day Bullseye 

1- The calls weren't the reason we lost but they certainly swung some momentum. The old saying is these calls even themselves out over the course of a season in which case we a due a butt load. No idea how they called the Arnold catch a fumble and the no call PI was just a pure choke job by the zebra. Add a few plays later the Lawrence TD overturned on a not clear and obvious replay and one play later Linder is down and its a turnover on downs. Turned a 5pt game back to a 13pt game and killed any chance we had. Just one of those days where whatever calls the refs made, they went the T*tans way

2- Its another embarrassing stat. Not 1 made FG through 6 games. You need to keep adding to that scoreboard and we aren't good enough to just score TD'S. They need to make a decision with Lambo, however painful it may be but the fact this has rumbled on for 6 weeks is a bad look for the coaching staff

3- Twitter is saying apparently Linders injury isnt as serious as first thought so fingers crossed.

4- Bevell seems to just outsmart himself on the 1yd line. Like everyone expects me to run so ill pass! The reason everyone expects a run is that its one stinking yard. You should get that just falling forwards. We have a 6'6 QB, just get him to reach over like Brees would do. 

5- Robinson was fantastic today, great run to get us that early TD after the fumble TD. Sadly seemed to move away while the game was close and not sure why he wasnt in for the 4th and 1

6- Pass D still looks a real worry and we were getting killed on the drag routes. We did ok against Henry, even with his stat line but the lack of pass rush and blown coverages are a toxic cocktail 

9- That run from Viska was great. His refusal to go down and fight for yards was brilliant but sadly one play. We need more of that effort from all over.

You can see the team trying and fighting but the mental errors cost us big and we beat ourselves with missed kicks and poor execution way too much still. Big game next Sunday against Miami and a big chance to snap this streak but this fanbase is worn down. 20 L's in a row is brutal and we need a W, cant keep focusing on progress.

1.  As I said in response to another post, I don't think the calls even themselves out.  If preconceived notions are allowed to be utilized in officiating games, the officiating will almost always be unfair.  It seems the same teams get reamed by the officials every year.  That no call P.I on Arnold in the aftermath of that invented call on Claybrooks was an outrage.  The refs reached for his flag, for [BLEEP]'s sake!  What changed between reaching for his flag and the end of the play to cause him NOT to throw it?!?

3.  Hopefully twitter is right and he can return to action soon.  I like Shatley, don't get me wrong.  But we're better with Linder.

4.  He just has the propensity to get cute down there.  Just pound it in!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Impressions From the Tacks Game - by Bullseye - 10-10-2021, 05:10 PM
RE: Impressions From the Tacks Game - by Upper - 10-10-2021, 05:21 PM
RE: Impressions From the Tacks Game - by Bullseye - 10-10-2021, 05:27 PM
RE: Impressions From the Tacks Game - by Bullseye - 10-10-2021, 05:32 PM
RE: Impressions From the Tacks Game - by JagFan81 - 10-10-2021, 05:42 PM
RE: Impressions From the Tacks Game - by Bullseye - 10-10-2021, 06:46 PM
RE: Impressions From the Tacks Game - by JagFan81 - 10-10-2021, 07:10 PM
RE: Impressions From the Tacks Game - by Firesky - 10-10-2021, 05:55 PM
RE: Impressions From the Tacks Game - by Bullseye - 10-10-2021, 06:49 PM
RE: Impressions From the Tacks Game - by JAGFAN88 - 10-10-2021, 08:07 PM
RE: Impressions From the Tacks Game - by rfc17 - 10-10-2021, 06:06 PM