Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jon Gruden resigning as Raiders Coach

(10-12-2021, 10:25 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 10:08 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I totally agree. I'm not making excuses for Gruden at all. What he did was wrong. I just think that the NFL is very bassackwards when it comes to making insults a worse violation than actual physical abuse of living things whether it be women, children or animals.

Understood...though it raises an interesting question.

If the league is supposed to make stances against racism, homophobia, violence, etc. when players, coaches and owners engage in such things, does that mean the league should not celebrate the fans, who also engage in such behaviors?  There's no shortage of youtube videos showing fan violence inside and outside the stadiums.  Just tonight, I heard reference made to all out brawls in Arrowhead stadium for the second week in a row.  There have been studies that show instances of domestic violence spike during the Super Bowl.  Should the NFL stop playing or broadcasting the Super Bowl, assuming those reports have been/can be objectively verified?

What is the NFLs responsibility to mitigate undesirable behavior?  Where does it stop?  Should the league office step in to force the Jaguars to fire Urban Meyer even if Khan doesn't think Meyer's poor judgment didn't warrant termination?

They aren't the arbitrators of anything really. They are not a police force.  Despite their Pride Month commercial, they are not gay, bi or anything really other than a special interest group that has special arbitration rules and gets to make boat loads of money.  Sports become less enjoyable when it isn't about the sports.  I haven't watched ESPN in years because the campy fun entertainment and covering sports is masked by gotcha nonsense.

Yes this shows my age but I really do value being left alone when it comes to something unimportant like football on Sunday's.

And to people that are saying he shouldn't have done stuff via email...   He is an older guy and the idea of email not being private is a new problem.  You use to have a right to privacy and the ability to not self-incrimination.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Messages In This Thread
Jon Gruden resigning as Raiders Coach - by mal234 - 10-11-2021, 09:05 PM
RE: Jon Gruden resigning as Raiders Coach - by D6 - 10-12-2021, 02:38 PM
RE: Jon Gruden resigning as Raiders Coach - by D6 - 10-12-2021, 12:43 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 10-12-2021, 06:28 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by SeldomRite - 10-12-2021, 07:21 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 10-12-2021, 07:53 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 10-12-2021, 06:23 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by Bullseye - 10-12-2021, 06:25 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 10-12-2021, 08:17 AM
RE: Jon Gruden resigning as Raiders Coach - by D6 - 10-12-2021, 12:34 PM
RE: Jon Gruden resigning as Raiders Coach - by D6 - 10-12-2021, 06:14 PM