Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Camp over Trey Smith

(01-13-2022, 02:08 PM)ATLjag Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 12:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Do you have a link saying where the Jags staff determined his medical wasn't good?  I didnt see Urban or Baalke say anything on Smith before or after the draft.  He was a 6th round pick, I don't think anyone would of been saying anything if we took a chance on him because the blood clots didn't affect his college career.
On the nfl.com draft page for Trey Smith indicated that a negative for him was a history of blood clots, and the Sources Tell Us section states one NFL personnel exec from an NFC team said that "the history of blood clots is a much bigger issue than anything on tape for me".  The clots in his lungs were diagnosed after his freshman year in college.  His sophmore year was cut short when doctors were concerned that the clots had returned (but later believed it was scar tissue from the previous season).  His junior and senior years were without the issue resurfacing, and he received all-SEC honors in each of these years.  I think many teams had a medical risk flag raised on him, for him to drop to the 6th round.

The Trey Smith health history situation reminds me to a large extent of when Michigan DT Maurice Hurst fell all the way to the early 5th Round if the 2018 Draft,  before the then Oakland Raiders selected him.  Hurst was projected by most as going no later than the 2nd Round before medical test results concerns about a potentially life threatening heart condition became available to all 32 NFL teams.

Messages In This Thread
Jalen Camp over Trey Smith - by flgatorsandjags - 01-13-2022, 10:05 AM
RE: Jalen Camp over Trey Smith - by Cable - 01-13-2022, 11:01 AM
RE: Jalen Camp over Trey Smith - by ATLjag - 01-13-2022, 02:08 PM
RE: Jalen Camp over Trey Smith - by ATLjag - 01-13-2022, 05:22 PM
RE: Jalen Camp over Trey Smith - by D6 - 01-13-2022, 04:23 PM
RE: Jalen Camp over Trey Smith - by Upper - 01-13-2022, 12:18 PM
RE: Jalen Camp over Trey Smith - by Cleatwood - 01-13-2022, 01:53 PM
RE: Jalen Camp over Trey Smith - by HolsterHusto - 01-13-2022, 02:44 PM
RE: Jalen Camp over Trey Smith - by TheDuke007 - 01-15-2022, 09:16 PM