Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Words to remember from the 4th of July

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2022, 10:40 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-08-2022, 05:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 05:04 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Gonna throw out that vaccine mandate for you to ponder.

Ponder all you want, if you think that's the issue then you've stuck yourself on the dome with that ax.

Haha, you make me laugh, dude. You fired 4% of your workforce. The healthcare industry is in shambles. Many, many corporations voluntarily implemented a mandate. I know 8 people who have quit their jobs over it. 3 in healthcare, 2 in banking, 2 in the military waiting to see what happens (one a pilot... in fact, his whole squadron is holding out with the threat of a discharge), and 1 in networking. That's a lot of people for an anecdote. So, of those, 5 are from federal mandates and the other 3 elected to walk away (2 became housewives and one is working with her husband in lawncare). 

Vaccination-related employee departures at 55 hospitals, health systems (beckershospitalreview.com)
Averaging 1% in healthcare, which is the largest employer in the us at 20 million. Now, that category is combined with others, so I don't think it's 200k, but the layoffs were significant.

The vast majority of troops kicked out for COVID vaccine refusal received general discharges (militarytimes.com)
3400 military personnel discharged for refusal to take the vaccine. That's .25% of total active-duty personnel, with more to come.

I could find several examples of large companies who had a significant number of employees quit or get laid off, but that was taking too long. So, just looking at the layoffs in healthcare, and knowing that other industries had layoffs or people opting to quit to avoid the vaccine, it is not unreasonable to assume that many people are out of work due to covid vaccination requirements. 

I am not claiming it is the exclusive reason for anything, but it has at LEAST played a role in rising unemployment in the US. You can be stubborn all you want about your "right" to fire people, but you can't deny the numbers... or can you.

Messages In This Thread
Copycat - by copycat - 07-05-2022, 04:01 AM
RE: Copycat - by The Real Marty - 07-05-2022, 05:39 AM
Copycat - by copycat - 07-08-2022, 08:37 AM
Copycat - by copycat - 07-08-2022, 07:30 PM
RE: Copycat - by mikesez - 07-08-2022, 07:40 PM
RE: Words to remember from the 4th of July - by Lucky2Last - 07-08-2022, 10:35 PM