Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Acceptable sack number for Travon Walker assuming he starts most of the year?

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2022, 07:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-06-2022, 07:28 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 07:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lololol.  Bullseye, you are one of the best writers on the board and could probably write amazing books.  But, sometimes you just try way too hard and it just doesn't add up.  

2.  Just based on what he has done In these last couple of drafts.  Of course we have to see how it plays out but some people just get better at their jobs with experience.  I don't think Baalke is the same GM as he was when he was with SF.  He's faced alot of criticism and I don't think he is [BLEEP].  I'm sure he has looked back in his past and re evaluated his previous mistakes.  We shall see how it plays out.  

3.  I wanted of like a WR as well until I seen how the board fell.  I'd take Lloyd in that trade over any WR at 33.

You say this yet you don't think we can do better than Caldwell lol.  I don't care if we win zero games this year and Baalke gets fired, the odds to me is that we can find a better GM than Dave Caldwell.  All you have to do is look around the league.  If you put the top WRs names in a bowl and it's our pick and draw a name you have a better chance to hit.  Odds alone!

No.

Earlier in this thread I said we SHOULD be able to do better in terms of drafting WRs.

But this franchise has repeatedly proven incapable of drafting stud WRs no matter how you slice it.  Two (2) drafted Pro Bowlers at the position in 28 years (excluding the one year of Reggie Barlow)?!?  Seriously?!?

Do I assert Caldwell was the best Jaguars' GM overall?

No.  I'd argue that distinction goes to Shack or TC.

But looking at the records in terms of drafting WRs, Caldwell is the best of the five GMs we've had thus far.

Agreed 100%.  My point is as bad as we have been I think the odds are finally on our side.  A squirrel finds a nut every once in a while and we are bound to hit at some point

(08-06-2022, 07:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote: By the way, there seems to have been a convenient conflation of the issues here.

Let's clarify:

The issue originally under discussion was this organization's inability to identify and effectively draft WR talent.

It's NOT whether Caldwell was a good overall GM.

All of the GM comparisons have been within the context of drafting competent or better WRs.

It had nothing to do with the history of this organization.  It was if we can find better WR talent than Caldwell.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Acceptable sack number for Travon Walker assuming he starts most of the year? - by flgatorsandjags - 08-06-2022, 07:39 PM