Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 2: Postgame Appreciation Thread

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 11:13 AM by Mikey.)

(09-18-2022, 08:51 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: This game was dominant in virtually every way possible.  I just looked at the team stats.  The only stats the Colts won were:
  • Kickoff Return Yardage - It's hard for the Jaguars' to get kickoff return yardage when the Colts' never score and their only kickoff was the one to start the second half.
  • Average Yards Per Rush - Part of this was due to the Jaguars trying to kill the clock at the end of the game.

One thing I'll also say to that average is that the 'shoes basically did to J. Taylor what we did to JRob in last season's opener. He got almost no carries, and really we were smothering him until a late breakaway run got him a chunk of yards.

For the clots team and fans alike, it was an embarrassing loss. I'm not gonna gloat too hard, because we've been on the wrong end of those losses a lot in recent memory. It was a joy to watch, but absolutely unexpected to be such a lopsided performance.

(09-18-2022, 09:19 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 09:11 PM)enigma Wrote: Lol thanks, I didn't think my post was otherworldly but hey, if it inspired you in that manner then I'm glad it did.

All we want is more of those type of performances from our Jags and it's about time we saw a complete team win on Sunday.

Dude, that post hit me right in the feels tbh. longtime fan... super emotional when i see it clicking like today. 

all i wanna see is PROGRESS, not necessarily wins. Wins are the icing on the cake, just wanna see a competitive team on Sundays.

careful, you might get accused of loser mentality with takes like these

(you're not wrong)

(09-18-2022, 10:52 PM)Jagsman Wrote: I would like to bring up the Engram stiff arm on Stephon Gilmore on 3rd & 7 to get the first down and keep the drive alive. Love to see the dominance and effort.

That was mansome.

(09-18-2022, 11:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 11:19 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Hopefully this was a preview of what will happen on a weekly basis for this team in the near future

Next week will/should be a good test. Out west vs the Chargers. They got some banged up top guys though. Herbert of course with his rib injury and Keenan Allen who didn't play this past Thursday night.

Bosa and Mack are going to be a big test for Cam and Taylor.

I expect to see a lot more Manhertz than Engram.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Week 2: Postgame Appreciation Thread - by enigma - 09-18-2022, 04:12 PM
RE: Week 2: Postgame Appreciation Thread - by NH3 - 09-18-2022, 05:06 PM
RE: Week 2: Postgame Appreciation Thread - by Mikey - 09-19-2022, 11:10 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 09-19-2022, 08:19 AM
RE: Week 2: Postgame Appreciation Thread - by NH3 - 09-19-2022, 07:54 AM