Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will Trevor improve to be our guy where we give him a 2nd contract and be a top 10 QB?
This poll is closed.
Yes
42.44%
73 42.44%
No
57.56%
99 57.56%
Total 172 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Will Trevor figure it out and be our franchise QB?

(10-11-2022, 08:38 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 04:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m not trying to throw gas on the fire, but if he doesn’t get it figured out then we will have a Baker Mayfield/Browns type of situation.

#1 overall pick is supposed to be a sure fire pro bowl/all pro type of player going into year 2 or 3. The honeymoon phase is over with.

On a side note, is he really afraid of getting hit? Maybe it’s just me..

not afraid of getting hit, but when you get hit you can't get a pass downfield.

I'd rather he roll out and throw a pass that ends up dropped by a waffle-handed TE than take a 12 yard sack.

(10-10-2022, 05:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I can't tell. That's a fair question. I want to know why he hesitates to take off with the football though. He has just enough athleticism to where he can get past a front seven. I felt like they were going in that direction in the Eagles loss and maybe those fumbles really scared him off from doing it in yesterday's game. 

That INT in the end zone just aggravates the hell out of me though. Those are plays that Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers & Jackson make routinely with their legs. Was no [BLEEP] reason to throw that football there.

This is very much said in hindsight. If you watch him, he's staring Zay down, and from what he saw, Zay was open, had his coverage beat. Stingley made a very heady play to see the route and intervene. Most rookie CB don't notice that going on behind them.

It sucks, it happened. Now if he keeps making that same mistake week in and week out, smash that panic button.

I can only imagine that if he runs for the first, and we end up settling for a FG after a few failed runs or bad drops, everyone would be screaming that he missed an open Zay on that play.

What's concerning is that he didn't see Stingley, just like he didn't see Bradbury the week before.  He has to be able to see the field and the defenders better than that.   They were rookie mistakes in his 21st and 22nd game

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 10-10-2022, 08:59 AM
RE: Will Trevor figure it out and be our franchise QB? - by flgatorsandjags - 10-11-2022, 08:54 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 10-11-2022, 08:56 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by Caldrac - 10-11-2022, 09:07 AM
ClemsonRob - by ClemsonRob - 11-28-2022, 03:14 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 12-13-2022, 11:24 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by NYC4jags - 12-13-2022, 12:20 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by MarleyJag - 12-13-2022, 12:35 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Cleatwood - 12-13-2022, 12:40 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Jaguarmeister - 12-13-2022, 01:44 PM