Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will Trevor improve to be our guy where we give him a 2nd contract and be a top 10 QB?
This poll is closed.
Yes
42.44%
73 42.44%
No
57.56%
99 57.56%
Total 172 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Will Trevor figure it out and be our franchise QB?

(10-11-2022, 03:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(10-11-2022, 02:04 PM)Ronster Wrote: Yep, really the only clutch QB the Jags have ever had...

Agreed.

The only clutch play that I can remember Leftwich making was the pass he threw Jimmy against the Jets when we beat them in overtime. I think it was in 2006.

Garrard came in clutch against Pittsburgh on the 4th down run. Another clutch throw to beat Detroit when he hit Jimmy for the game winner.

Garrard also threw a Hail Mary to Mike Thomas to hear the Texans. 

And for some reason against Cleveland I specifically remember him getting a first down on a scramble when it was like 3rd and 19 or something crazy. I believe it was back in 2002ish, idk it’s all a blurr after the 90’s. 

I think Garrard came up clutch here and there a few times but nothing close to Brunell. 

Break Bottles had a couple of clutch plays. Up in Pittsburgh the TD pass to the full back, I forgot his name. And the TD pass to Coke against Seattle was pretty clutch. Again, nothing close to Brunell. 

Gabbert’s only clutch play that comes to my mind is the Mike Thomas TD he threw in the tsunami game against Carolina right before halftime. And the pass he threw Cecil Shorts against Indy to win the game. Probably a couple more but nothing much more than that. 

Brunell is easily this team’s most clutch QB of all time and it ain’t even close. You could probably combine all the other qbs together and Brunell clutchness would still outweigh them.

Leftwich had a few clutch games. I remember against the Bills in I think 2004? He had a few that year.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Trevor figure it out and be our franchise QB? - by Jaguar Warrior - 10-11-2022, 05:04 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 10-10-2022, 08:59 AM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 10-11-2022, 08:56 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by Caldrac - 10-11-2022, 09:07 AM
ClemsonRob - by ClemsonRob - 11-28-2022, 03:14 PM
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 12-13-2022, 11:24 AM
RE: homebiscuit - by NYC4jags - 12-13-2022, 12:20 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by MarleyJag - 12-13-2022, 12:35 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Cleatwood - 12-13-2022, 12:40 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by Jaguarmeister - 12-13-2022, 01:44 PM