Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
For those blaiming the coaches for the failed 1st and Goal

(09-24-2023, 12:43 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 09:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I won't continue belaboring this after this post. I'm sure everyone is tired of it by now. 
 But A -  Fields pocket time is 2.8 seconds (not 4)  which is still one of the longest in the league after two weeks. 

It is longer than many QBs because he is very slow making reads/decisions and his coordinator doesn't dial up many quick hit plays for him. (when he does, Fields is still not quick with the release) 

The stat has LOTS to do with the OL because many of these timed "snap to release" measurements are determined by pressure.  The definition of the stat is the time between snap and either release OR pressure. Whichever come first. Many times, it is pressure that occurs first.  

If you watch Fields cut-up from week 2  you'll see the line looks a lot like our own and Fields just holds the ball for an eternity at times. (Fields interior line actually holds up at the point of attack in terms of pocket better than the Jags line, but I digress)

Watch this Fields week 2 cut-up and imagine that line facing Chris Jones. Would look eerily similar to what we watched last week. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr0ZjmxBdc4

Why do you start this out like you're trying to prove a point to me and then making the same exact point I made with heavy detail you weirdo.
A - not about you

B- you made it clear you have zero understanding of the stat cited

C- you misquoted a comp stat so badly that no one in the entire league is within 20 miles  of the horse [BLEEP] number  you pulled out of your [BLEEP] 

Sorry - i cannot exain this stuff to you - you'll have to struggle on alone  

The Jags clearly have much bigger problems now than protection and your football IQ

Messages In This Thread
copycat - by copycat - 09-19-2023, 04:54 PM
copycat - by copycat - 09-19-2023, 04:21 PM
copycat - by copycat - 09-19-2023, 06:15 PM
RE: For those blaiming the coaches for the failed 1st and Goal - by NYC4jags - 09-24-2023, 02:38 PM