Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars @ Titans talk, win and we’re in

(01-02-2024, 02:44 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(01-02-2024, 01:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah - That injury and early return date don't sound right to me either. 

I'd think if they were gonna risk him reinjuring it - they'd wait until a potential playoff game.
Another name for a core injury is an abdominal hernia.  These require a mesh (biologic or synthetic) patch and time to heal.   A couple months before exertion/contact.
Sold biologic meshes for 20 years used in breast recon, hernia, and staple line reinforcement.   I sound like such a douche.  Just retired from medical device leadership after 40 years in scrubs.  Logged my cases, was in just over 10,000 surgical procedures.

Q: You know what they call the guy who graduated last in his medical school class?

A: Doctor

Yes - I recall many years ago the term "sports hernia" being used for this injury. 

Congrats on the retirement!

(01-02-2024, 02:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-02-2024, 01:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah - That injury and early return date don't sound right to me either. 

I'd think if they were gonna risk him reinjuring it - they'd wait until a potential playoff game.

Thing is, this week is a playoff game because if they lose they are likely out. Every game is now sudden death, so if Kirk can go then he just might.

True - but level of competition this week compared to the probable game after that one is a big gap. 
Hence my speculation. 

If they feel they need Kirk's contribution to beat the wallowing tacks, so be it. I'm just hesitant on that personally.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jaguars @ Titans talk, win and we’re in - by NYC4jags - 01-02-2024, 02:50 PM