Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So...We're Really Keeping Baalke?

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 02:26 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-11-2024, 01:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 01:06 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I just kinda cringe at office gossip being relayed by an unaffiliated 3rd party on social media.  Do you think the FO is unaware of the Dilla account on X/Twitter?  I personally think they are aware of it considering it's existed for years, has broken some stories and has even had interaction with some national NFL news personalities.  

The FO may not be moved to action by or overly concerned with certain internal info that comes across that account, but if there are things that absolutely can't get out I would think they have to have an idea, if not the specific person who is the leaker, at the very least what department does the leaking and have the most confidential info buttoned up and out of view from such eyes.  I would think executive level power struggles would only wind up as office gossip amongst lower level employees prior to an actual shakeup would only occur on TV shows whose target audience is middle aged housewives.  Let's just wait and see man before we get engrossed in this "the Bold & the Beautiful" story line.

Office gossip is everywhere. We live in the age of social media and sensationalism. You had TMZ making a killing off of it for years. As far as getting groundbreaking news, gossip, etc. Long before social media was as big as it's become. 

Time is money. Clicks are money. Can't remember if it was Schefter, but, he got burned a few years back with the Rodgers & Green Bay trade debacle. It happens and it's apart of the business when trying to get scoops. 

I would be curious to know who his source is though. Dilla keeps receipts. He does have good connections with Rapport at the minimum. Players talk amongst themselves, they talk to their families, etc. if my wife ever spoke to the media about the plethora of nonsense and shadiness I have shared with her about my place of employment?

My balls would have been placed in a blender yesterday and served up to me to drink by my ownership across the Gulf. LOL.

Touche.  I would just be skeptical about being fed gossip that there is already a "want to believe" amongst a large portion of the fan base.  Dilla hasn't been a paragon of journalistic objectivity.  He's had no problem expressing his personal opinions which might influence his interpretation of information that he then re-packages for consumption.

(01-11-2024, 01:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 07:08 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jaguars/comment...ss_taylor/

If this is true, Khan is truly the worst owner. He’s letting this snake of a human run the team and he continues to deflect blame to stay alive as GM

If I'm Khan I pull Baalke aside and tell him "Stay in your lane.  Press answers to Doug, Doug answers to me." 
Then I hire an out of town law firm and ask them to investigate the dynamics of some of the bad decisions that the front office made, and separately, the bad decisions that the coaches made.  They would interview staff one on one deposition style, minimal advance notice of what questions will be asked.

To front office staff: Why was Luke Fortner drafted? Why was Snoop Connor drafted?  Why was Brenton Strange drafted? Why was Ben Bartch cut? Etc.

To coaching staff: Why has Luke Fortner started so many games? Did you try out anyone else at center? Explain the thought process on rushing Trevor back.  Are we observing the concussion protocol as strictly as we should?  Does Doug veto play calls in-game?

There are many other questions that could be asked, about the playbook, about what went wrong with Mike Caldwell, but the answer to these questions is probably less informative.  The big, root cause questions I mentioned are what need to be asked, because those are the things that they had plenty of time to think over and still got wrong.

I would be shocked if that's actually necessary to start an investigation after the fact.  If I'm owner, even one like Khan, I'm aware of how the FO values free agents, I'm seeing the big board before draft night, I'm aware of who is responsible for creating it, I'm aware of who graded each player, I'm aware of who is pounding the table for which players and I'm keeping score privately.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So...We're Really Keeping Baalke? - by Jag88 - 01-09-2024, 06:28 PM
RE: So...We're Really Keeping Baalke? - by D6 - 01-10-2024, 04:43 PM
RE: So...We're Really Keeping Baalke? - by D6 - 01-10-2024, 05:26 PM
RE: So...We're Really Keeping Baalke? - by Jag88 - 01-11-2024, 03:13 AM
RE: So...We're Really Keeping Baalke? - by Jag88 - 01-11-2024, 03:19 AM
Bobbycat - by bobbycat - 01-13-2024, 04:14 PM
RE: So...We're Really Keeping Baalke? - by Eric1 - 01-10-2024, 10:49 PM
RE: So...We're Really Keeping Baalke? - by ATLjag - 01-11-2024, 09:31 AM
RE: So...We're Really Keeping Baalke? - by Jaguarmeister - 01-11-2024, 02:19 PM
RE: So...We're Really Keeping Baalke? - by Newton - 01-13-2024, 09:31 AM
RE: So...We're Really Keeping Baalke? - by Jag88 - 01-13-2024, 10:34 AM