Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hawaii court says 'spirit of Aloha' supersedes Constitution, Second Amendment

(02-12-2024, 04:28 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 12:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I never said they failed.

I'm saying modern times need modern measures. 

Debating about how many different weapons need closer regulation is not what I was getting at - but yes I'm aware of the high capacity magazines available to all types of handguns and rifles (short and long)
 That was not my point. 

I was alluding to keeping that [BLEEP] out of the hands of the wrong people or at least [BLEEP] trying to do that. 
Currently - we are not. Many of the folks responsible for mass shootings in the past ten years have thrown up multiple red flags with their mental health history, their dealings with law enforcement, and for some their documented,blatant, and violent hate-speech. 

Many of them legally acquired weapons after such red flags appeared. 

That ^ is some dumb [BLEEP] we should be making more difficult for the whackos. 

As I mentioned in another thread - my brother is a gun dealer. The "big and scary AR" thing you're attempting isn't going anywhere with me. I don't care about Joe-blow's perception of assault rifles. I care about limiting mass shootings.  I've hog hunted with an AR.  (My browning .308 is just as effective and slightly more accurate)

I have zero problems with people losing their right to bear arms, at least for a time, due to mental health reasons. They need to be specific and connected with a propensity for violence. I am not ok with registries or tests for private ownership. I could get on board for tests for open or concealed carry in public.

I mostly agree.
Concealed carry should be automatic.  If you can own it, you should be allowed to carry it concealed.
Open carry permits should be very hard to get, basically only for private security guards.
Anyone who makes specific threats online or who un-conceals their gun in public for no good reason should have their guns taken away temporarily.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hawaii court says 'spirit of Aloha' supersedes Constitution, Second Amendment - by mikesez - 02-12-2024, 10:56 PM