Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Offensive Line: This should get both Doug and Baalke fired if it does not work

(03-11-2024, 04:08 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 12:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: SO far (and it is early yet)

The Jags brass kept Scherff but made his cap hit cheaper. Good move, but not the best move for the run game IMO.

They re-upped on Cleveland banking on him being better when healthy and acclimated. Good chance that works out fine IMO. Not a bad $ deal either.

They signed a solid center that represents a clear upgrade to Fortner and 79 gets to develop as a back up for up to 2 years.

Next up:

Keep all three tackles?
Who starts where?
Upgrade a tackle in the draft?
Cut or restructure Cam?
Add guard in the draft to be heir apparent/competition at RG?

This situation could still keep getting better.

I think you set sights on G/C versatility early. You've got to plan for injury between Morse and Scherff, especially.
I dunno if Harrison is gonna be great at LT, but adding depth at Tackle would be great for the future, I gotta feeling that Cam is gone after this season. Little is TBD, but if he wants anywhere close to starter money, I let him chase the bag. If we can renew him at backup-level pricing, might be worth the offer.

I think the goal this April is to bring two guys in fresh, at minimum. FA has done well to patch, saving us from desperation. We can let the picks come to us, or jump when value presents itself.

(03-11-2024, 03:31 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: We still have scherff. Morse is a crash test dummy. Typical Jags fan celebrating mediocrity and offseason championship when the win/loss bracket is the ultimate outlier. There’s a reason Morse was paid in peanuts

styrofoam packing ones? I hear they help with cushioning

That's what I was screaming from every rooftop in Duval county last year at this time. 

And here we are again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Offensive Line: This should get both Doug and Baalke fired if it does not work - by NYC4jags - 03-11-2024, 04:11 PM