Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Offensive Line: This should get both Doug and Baalke fired if it does not work

(03-11-2024, 04:10 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 09:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And just a day later the Jaguars sign a new center. Guess this thread was smidge premature.

I said a lot could change. I like the fact they addressed Center. I hope they address a lot more. Their conferences did not hint they were looking for change. They changed one of 5 and that is a good thing. Still not good enough to this point but again a lot could change.  I hope the team invest a ton more in offensive line.

My point was maybe you shouldn't go off their actions like that before they actually have a chance to do anything other than bring back their own guys, which they did too. Of course their pressers didn't hint anything, since when have NFL guys like that EVER said what they meant? I can't believe so many people still think that they are transparent about their plans when they get up there and use 1,000 words to say nothing at all. We knew Harrison wasn't getting replaced, so that's 2 of the 5. Scherff got a new deal that made him affordable in price to production. Cleveland is a fine player and we got him for a good price. The left tackle is the only issue to me since Cam is way overpaid and risky for his average and now peaked level of play and they don't seem to have confidence in Little. Basically they acknowledged the issue with the line was the guy in the middle, brought in a great replacement, and helped the salary cap to set up Allen and TLaw for their mega-deals. It's been a really good couple of days for the front office and a really lousy one for all the naysayers (of which I am one btw).
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Offensive Line: This should get both Doug and Baalke fired if it does not work - by flsprtsgod - 03-11-2024, 11:13 PM