Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com takes a dig at the "London Jaguars"

Quote:Don't take this personally, but my post should in no way be construed as anything close to agreeing with your ludicrous conspiracy charges. I just don't think that the right people are aware of the serious nature of the uniformed journalism that is occurring on a large scale and how it is counter intuitive to everything that is being done locally to enhance the Jags perception. More people in 2 minutes read that stupid line than will ever see this thread.

Maybe the only consequence that these folks can be subjected to is the overwhelming collective response by us that we will no longer tolerate there uninformed crap.

I think most people here understand that the local media has done little in the past to diffuse the perception that the franchise is in jeopardy in Jacksonville.  But, I don't think that's the case currently.  I think most of the locals have slowly come on board with the notion that maybe Khan isn't intent on moving the team. 

As time has progressed, it has become clear he wants to do for Jacksonville what he's done in his own life.  He embraces the underdog role, and has proven that even the underdog can succeed with a plan, vision, and the right resources.  He may have wanted to buy a larger market team like St. Louis, but in the end, he ended up buying the Jaguars.  Rather than shop for a larger market, what he's trying to do is grow the local market to prove he can succeed here, and in the process, turn this market into something other than an afterthought. 

As his efforts to expand his presence in Jacksonville through local investments and expansion of his interests outside of football get more exposure, it's going to become clear to all those in the media that he sees this as a viable NFL market, and the team isn't going anywhere. 

There are still going to be those who want to perpetuate a myth, but they're becoming less and less prevalent in conversations.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Messages In This Thread
NFL.com takes a dig at the "London Jaguars" - by FBT - 04-24-2014, 02:07 PM