Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BigCatCountry continues to try and prop up Alualu as a solid player

Quote:Just wondering... where did anyone say Alualu was supposed to get sacks? This whole thread has been about his ability to stop the run.

No I get it, play the " im smarter than everyone " card... I think he sucks, and that must be because I think hes supposed to ger double digit sacks. Not because I actually WATCH him against the run.

Calm down. Notice I haven't thrown any names out there, but yes, Alualu's run stopping game was weak at the beginning of the season. The transition from DT to DE apparently took a while for him to get the hang of. 

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...ds-jaguars

The "solid in the run game," argument is given credence by Gus Bradley, so I'll definitely take his word for it over say, yours.

As for the Red Bryant pick up, obviously it was a good signing. That doesn't mean Tyson Alualu "sucks," as you so eloquently put it, it means they're strengthening the D-Line from a depth stand-point. Is Alualu's starting streak likely over? Yes, but does this mean he will be looked at as a liability? Of course not. Gus Bradley plans on getting a rotation between Bryant and Alualu to keep the defensive line fresh. 

http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...-be-facing

This isn't an insult, it's simply improvement. My opinion on Alualu? He's a good role player who was forced to play in roles with bigger shoes than he could fill. He's played on an atrocious defense his whole career. No, I don't think he was drafted correctly. His play is something you'd expect of a 2nd/3rd/4th rounder. But I admire his durability and never quit attitude. 

The fact that Alualu was not cut from the team like other former regime players is a testament to that. No stretches here. Alualu's performed subpar to where he was drafted, but he isn't a bad player. 

All I'm concerned about is how Alualu's name is undeservedly dragged through mud around here.

Messages In This Thread
BigCatCountry continues to try and prop up Alualu as a solid player - by Redsky39 - 06-16-2014, 07:53 PM