Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BigCatCountry continues to try and prop up Alualu as a solid player

Quote:For one, the stats back up what Bradley was saying.  He was pretty honest about a lot of guys. Like Denard and Gabbert. Also, he has never hesitated to point out players weak spots. Did you see his interview on Storm Johnson? He was quite honest about what he wanted from him and what his weaknesses were.

I'd like you to show me an instance of Gus lying about a player in an interview, because you seem to be under the impression that Gus was not telling the truth, even though I've yet to see an instance of him straight up lying about a player. 

Genuine honesty? He doesn't hesitate to point out deficiencies, but he's always polite and tactful about it. That's one of the most admirable things about him. You assume that pointing out weakness means that he's "trashing" a player, when that's simply not the case.

Did you not read the part of my post where I said he hasn't produced at the level to where he was picked? Goodness, you put up a defense for a player and people automatically think you're touting said player as the next big thing, even though you specifically said you weren't. Please re-read my post, yes he has played on bad defenses, and yes he has been a part of it.

Uhhh thanks for the lesson I guess, it's not like I said he wasn't worth the 10th selection in the post you quoted or anything.

What, you want me to insult the guy? I've already said he wasn't worth his pick, so I don't know what more you want me to say. Maybe re-read what you're quoting before asking redundant questions I've already answered.

I've already said why I'm defending Alualu.

Also, I'm laughing out loud in your list putting Grady Jackson ahead of Alualu. Grady Jackson was a very good player in his prime, but he played in Jacksonville for half a season where he had a pittance of playing time. John Jurkovic is a major reach also. 
 Grady Jackson-even at the late stage in his career-provided much more in terms of run defense than Alualu ever dreamed.  Even at that late stage in his career, he was very difficult to move out in the running game.  Nobody could ever really say that about Alualu.  Jurkovic was also a better run stuffer too.  Alualu has been useless to this team.  Laugh all you want, but if you had to put together a DL to stop an inside running play, of the three players in this portion of the discussion, Alualu is the 3rd choice.

Regarding Bradley's honesty/failure to trash, it's entirely possible he was asked specifically about Storm Johnson's weaknesses, but not asked about Alualu's. 

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
BigCatCountry continues to try and prop up Alualu as a solid player - by Bullseye - 06-17-2014, 10:26 AM