Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Has Jedd Fisch ruined Blake Bortles Confidence?

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014, 11:40 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I am watching the game yesterday and I could not  help but notice two things, one Blake sure resembles Henne in many ways, the way he looks for the check downs way too often. And that he almost looks like he is is throwing scared. I get the feeling Fisch is ruining this kid by NOT letting him be Blake Bortles and trying to make him into something he is not.. I personally do not like the way Jedd Fisch is handling this offense and this QB. I know everyone says he is a freaking genius, but I don't see it, and I fear he is ruining this kid...

Its too bad that Blake has to suffer with an OC like Jedd short pass Fisch when Luck had the benefit of having someone with an aggressive style like Bruce Arians at OC his first year. 

Having Fisch as OC with a QB with the arm talent of Bortles is like driving a porsche around at 20 mph. 

I'd love to see what Bortles could/ would be doing with a Bruce Arians type philosophy at OC. 

Quote:Some of it is the WRs fault.. yet again this week i saw D-Rob cause an Interception by stopping to run the route...

why on earthy dont they just keep d-rob as a running back??? he does good doing that... screen passes are fine but stop having him run routes down the field..

I agree with this - Denard Robinson shouldn't be used in any passing routes other than screens. Thats what he's best utilized in. Get him in space with blockers ahead. 

Quote:Guess that 80 yard 2 minute drill was horrifying.

He's not throwing scared. He's throwing to guys who can't make a play yet.

They even asked Fisch why we don't run a no huddle 2 min style offense all the time bc that's Bortles strength and he said it's because the receivers can't handle it yet.

So the receivers can only handle it in the pressure situation of actually 2 min left? :blink: because they seem to have little problem then. 

Messages In This Thread
Has Jedd Fisch ruined Blake Bortles Confidence? - by The Mad Dog - 10-20-2014, 11:37 AM