Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mariota vs Hundley game watching party topic

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2013, 08:47 AM by ukjag34.)

Quote:That's a legitimate concern, but if correctable, then he should still be in consideration in the top 5 IMO. Just too much upside.

Watching Colin Kaepernick yesterday really validated what I thought already, not that our defense is great, but his mobility really gave our defense no chance at all. 

If there was a redraft of 2011, CK would've went top 5.

I don't have a problem with mobile quarter backs, the pocket passer is a dying breed, faster rushers means to extend the play and get away or bootleg you need nore mobile qbs.

Added gabbert had plenty of upside, it was the mental stuff and add to that, that we are the worst team for developing a quarter back right now. You really want to throw someone who is as raw as mariota into this quagmire. You could say he has more potential or a higher ceiling than bridgewater, his running is excellent and his arm shows potential but that is not the qb the jags need right now.

The jags need a luck, polished game and mobility, the nearest to that is bridgewater though luck is bigger and stronger. We put mariota in here on the whisper of his potential without an established qb to sit behind for a year to get him nfl ready and he will be the next gabbert or even... if rg3 keeps going the way the season's going... the next rg3.

Added mariota is much more like rg3 than kapernick. Rg3 is a runner turned passer, kaepernick a big arm passer that can run.

Plus our situation is much more like the redskins than the 49ers. 9ers good trenches lots of pieces around him and a qb he can sit behind for a year to get up to speed (alex smith is a very good game manager),

redskins, dodgy defense but a better o line than ours. We put mariota in our system and throw him straight into the first team I can see us crushing another qb with potential that needs developing. That;s why the eagles is a perfect fit, sit him behind vick for a year and put him in a system designed for a fast paced mobile qb with the best rb in football this year at year  to support him in mccoy.

So for me it's bridgewater or clowney, trade back to the middle of the second and if someone falls get our qb between mid second and third rounds.

Though i would not object to us trading back into the first to get de'anthony thomas if mjd leaves.

Messages In This Thread
Mariota vs Hundley game watching party topic - by ukjag34 - 10-29-2013, 08:44 AM