Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Marrone new Assistant Head Coach/OL coach

Quote:Tuxedo, i think there were plenty of Bills fans who wanted Marone to stay with the rationaliztion of 9-7 and winning record. PLenty more who felt the D, where Marrone admittedly had little to no involvement, carried the team and won some games that should not have been won based on the performance of the offense in whole, the QBs certainly, and a good bit based on the Offensive line.

But even the folks who wanted him to stay felt burned, as did the players, when after the last game of the year against the Pats scrubs, he preached Bills family, and of the family they had built in the locker room ...and then walked out without so much as a phone call to any of his "family" . The players got a mass text from him much later that night. Several have refeered to the way he left, not that he left...and they to a man have not said anything positive about Marrone.

Also, he supposedly trashed the Bills organization on the way out and somehow influenced Bill Polian to not take a job within the organization.

I think most Bills fans would root for the Jags and want you all to succeed...we too are sick of the same teams every year.

I hope this works for you guys, my gut says Saint Doug(as he referred to himself if he could get Syracuse and Buffalo winning records) got knocked down a peg and learned a ton....i think i good hire for you guys

Dont get me wrong, I thought Marrone was a mediocre run of the mill type head coach. However, the sheer amount of "lol Jags" and "terrible hire" comments from Bills fans is a bit different considering fans seemed fairly split on him when he was your head coach. It speaks more so to the way he left, which (no offense) is irrelevant to us in terms getting better offensively, rather than how he actually was as a coach.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Doug Marrone new Assistant Head Coach/OL coach - by Tuxedo - 01-20-2015, 02:49 PM