Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Marrone new Assistant Head Coach/OL coach

Quote:Wow...

I read other teams messageboards from time to time just to see what their reaction to certain things are, so let me start with I could see how you guys are happy with this hire. His track record in NO was that he was a good Oline coach. However, look at his stats before hand in NY where he was the Oline coach from 2002-2005... the line completely regressed, his final year their they gave up 53 sacks and had an avg 3.5 ypc.

He was not wanted in Buffalo, some people were definitely nervous after he left and some still are, that this team could take a step back. I for one, and many people I know, wanted him fired. I was at the GB game, it was great and awful at the same time. It guaranteed he'd be offered a chance back if he wanted it.The offense, the thing he's supposed to have a handle on, was awful. We went 3 games without producing an offensive touchdown. He is irrational, guys get on his bad side and nobody outside of the organization knows why, then he turns out to be wrong consistently.

PFF had Cyrus Kouandjio ranked as something like 76 out of 78 guards at the point in time he was playing, while Kraig Urbik, who by no means is good but a definite improvement sat on the bench for over half the season. We had the most punts in the 4th quarter when down by 10 or more than the rest of the league combined. Their's a litany of reasons why a lot of Bills fans didn't like him before he left, and were happy he left. It's true the Pegula's offered him an extension, however he went on a power trip and wanted to pretty much be gm as well as extend all of his staff, including his horrendous OC Hackett.

Having said all that, and like i said beforehand, I'll read other teams messageboards for reactions. This board by far appears to be the most irrational. I always rooted for the Jags because like the Bills, they are often underdogs, definitely not as small of a market but still a smaller market. However, after reading the garbage on here and the stuff you guys say knowing absolutely nothing about a situation, that's done. Have fun being Andrew Luck's and the colts doormat for another 15 years. You guys do realize that everyone, ny post, even business insider are laughing at Marrone because the Jags are a joke. You guys tarp over your stadium, I thought the ones that show up would be diehards and knowledgeable, instead it comes across like you guys really shouldn't have a franchise... Nobody will care if the Jags leave Jacksonville outside of you guys, even people not fans of the team wanted a smaller market to keep it.

Then I read [BAD WORD REMOVED] like you guys want Gus Bradley fired or that some of you think Manning would even consider going to Jacksonville? Some of you are delusional. Cleveland, Pittsburgh, even San Diego, the Jets, and I hate them the Pats, Lions... I'm just going to stop, even teams that fans trash the Bills all the time come across better than the garbage I read on here.
So glad that you took time out of your day to really tell us how you feel. Must not be a lot of traffic in your dying city to play in.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Messages In This Thread
Doug Marrone new Assistant Head Coach/OL coach - by Eye of the Storm - 01-21-2015, 12:15 AM