Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread***

Quote:Clay is a different TE. The Julius Thomas numbers don't match up in terms of yards this year due to injuries but the man has 24 TD in 2 years. Manning or not, that number is high for a TE who is out there running some WR routes. It is a major upgrade and a reliable target for Bortles. Get Murray and thats even a more sick offense and with a upgrade at Center/Right Tackle would secure our offense up with Blackmon coming back hopefully in football shape would be epic.

Julius Thomas is a great athlete. Not many players with his size that can run like he can. But the thing I can't get out of my head when I watch him (granted, I'm relegated to watching clips on NFL.com), is that the dude is a body-catcher. Of all of the plays I've seen, only one time did I see him actually extend to make a catch. To me, that is very concerning, because it tells me he has to have plays 'designed' for him (shovel passes, wheel routes, fades, quick slants). Don't ask him to make a contested grab over defenders, because that's not his forte. A TE paid as much as Jimmy Graham, shouldn't need plays designed for him to be successful.

Messages In This Thread
***The official Free Agency Twitter and rumors thread*** - by Football? - 03-08-2015, 08:18 PM