Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
9th Grader arrested for bringing clock to school that looks like bomb

Quote:Of course he didn't "make" the clock.  It's obviously a factory-built clock removed from its original case and placed in this suitcase looking pencil box.  There was no science involved, yet the politicos are acting like Ahmed is the next Ben Franklin.  It was probably "built" by his father, an attention-seeking crusader against "Islamophpbia".  Ahmed was coached to give elusive answers to the police, and even the Ahmed in handcuffs photo was staged.

Now it turns out the family is seeking $100,000 in donations for attorney fees.  They are blaming the mayor for little Ahmed's arrest.  Huh?  Yes, the Islamophobic mayor recently blocked an Islamic group in Irving, TX from establishing a "tribunal" to implement Sharia Law in Texas.  So the Council for Islamic-American Relations (CAIR) is backing the Mohamed family.  All this was pre-planned, including the tweets and invitations from the White House, the Clinton campaign, NASA, Facebook, etc. 

Many have noted the reaction to this story was very different than with earlier stories about kids being suspended or arrested for pointing a finger at a student and saying "bang", or biting a Pop Tart into the shape of a gun, and that's true.  What's also true is that a finger is obviously not a gun, and a Pop Tart is obviously not a gun.  Can the layperson quickly determine that Ahmed's mini-suitcase is not a bomb?  No.  The laypersons in here actually thought Ahmed built it "from scratch".

I haven't been following this very closely until the last few days but I agree that my bull doo meter is ringing loudly in regards to the motivations behind this whole thing. I could very well be wrong but that's my admittedly barely-informed feeling.

Messages In This Thread
9th Grader arrested for bringing clock to school that looks like bomb - by Senor Fantastico - 09-21-2015, 01:35 PM