Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Time to fire Gus?
Yes
No
Let this season play out regardless of how bad it gets.
[Show Results]

The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED)

He won't be fired until more than likely towards the end of November. And that's assuming that this team doesn't improve for the rest of the season and starts winning some football games. It's never too late to turn things around and you never know in this league. I kept hearing today though about the "confusion" both, from some of the fans and Bradley himself as to how this team could lose despite the performances of Bortles, Yeldon and Hurns. And I felt the obvious answer was "penalties" and "untimely miscues". We had about what? Thirteen or fourteen penalties for well over one-hundred yards? Every time we'd make a play someone would manage to mess up the rhythm or have it negated. That's what did us in partly in this game. You can point at some odd play calling or the missed field goals or the lack of blitzing not being called by the coach. But, penalties didn't help.

I just think we're growing tired of the losses here. Two play-off appearances over the last fifteen years. I've graduated middle school, high school, have started a career, bought a home and have gotten engaged during that time span. Two play-off appearances in fifteen years is staggeringly disappointing. And I know some of you will take the easy route and say "Well, what about this team or that team". Folks, I don't live in those cities, and I don't cheer and support their teams. What's going on with the other thirty-one teams outside of Jacksonville is not my problem or concern. It's what this team is or isn't doing on a yearly basis.

Of course I want us to succeed. And I'd like to see Bradley be that man that leads us to those wins and more consistency. Because it's going to spare us the headaches of another off-season of "hope" and promises of "change". We have a good thing going right now in my mind and eyes with Bortles and this young offense. I feel like we're on that cusp of being that consistent team that can make some noise at the minimum. I'll keep holding on as a fan. But I seriously still have my doubts about Bradley's future here. And I don't want to see a promising QB like Bortles struggle the way Smith did in San Francisco during his career as a 49ers with the constant coaching changes. That crushes any team. But it absolutely crushes your QB.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Messages In This Thread
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 09-27-2015, 04:54 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 09-27-2015, 05:22 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Mike1989 - 09-27-2015, 07:02 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 09-27-2015, 07:38 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Mike1989 - 09-28-2015, 10:26 AM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 10-04-2015, 04:35 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 10-04-2015, 04:42 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 10-04-2015, 04:51 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 10-04-2015, 05:01 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 10-04-2015, 06:13 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 10-04-2015, 06:29 PM