Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon. 10 reported dead. 20 wounded.

Quote:On the contrary, an AK47 would be a very good choice for hunting wild boar or mule deer for example. It has slightly better ballistics than the 30-30 that I started with for hunting deer/turkey/bear. The reason I name those three animals is when I lived in New Mexico and used to hunt, the license had a tag for one each of those animals. I would probably opt for better stopping power if I was specifically hunting for bear, but for a mule deer or a turkey it would work just fine. I personally went up from my original 30-30 to the 30-06 and eventually to a 308. I still currently own all three of these weapons among others.

The AR15 would be what we used to call a "varmmit rifle" used for smaller game such as rabbits. Typically one wouldn't use an AR15 for hunting, it's mostly used for target competitions or shooting enthusiasts.

I don't think that anyone is calling for teaching guns in schools as part of a regular curriculum. When I took my Hunter's Safety Course in 5th grade it was an extra curricular activity offered by the school and took place after school hours, the same as the cub scouts that I was involved in.

Since you want to try to take this thread off topic, I'll answer your question regarding sex education. I was taught at an early age (though we all knew) the "facts of life" in around the 3rd grade. I don't have a problem with teaching responsible sex habits in the early teen years (around 13 years old or a freshman in high school), as long as it's education. I disagree with handing out condoms or other birth control methods at school period.

I get that hunting boars has dangers you don't get with hunting deer, and call me old fashioned, but using an AK47 just seems to eliminate any sense of sport you can get from it. Technically people fish with dynamite too.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Messages In This Thread
Shooting at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon. 10 reported dead. 20 wounded. - by Kotite - 10-07-2015, 04:55 PM