Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Time to fire Gus?
Yes
No
Let this season play out regardless of how bad it gets.
[Show Results]

The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED)

Normally, I would be patient with this rebuild. David Caldwell and Gus Bradley did inherit a team that has no playmakers on either side of the ball. To see the results during their first 2 years of the rebuild should have been expected, if not a little disappointing.

And while I would also be patient for a little bit longer, there is a few things that stick out to me.

1. We are playing in the AFC South. Frankly, no team here, with the way everyone in this division is playing, deserves to be in the playoffs. The Colts, Texans, and Titans all have problems and they are more glaring than ours. For us to be in Year 3 of this rebuild and still be in last place of the worst division in football is just utterly disgusting and completely unacceptable.

There's no excuse for that.

2. We got talent on both sides of the ball. I may be giving the Jaguars defense too much credit but this game shows that we can actually apply pressure to the opposing QB. Why did it take 7 weeks of football to see this? This game shows that we is capable of playing better than we have seen so far.

3. We got the most complete offense in the AFC South. We should be torching our divisional opponents. The Colts is taking their sweet time, the Texans doesn't have a QB and has just lost Foster for the season, and the Titans is constantly dropping balls and can't protect the QB. We got one of the better QBs in the division, our RB is really good (a 1st round talent), and we got the second coming of Thunder and Lightning.

4. The only games that we should have lost is to New England and Carolina. We shouldn't have lost to the Colts, Texans, and Buccaneers. If we had better coaching, those 3 games should have been wins.

5. Our 2 wins was ugly wins against 2 teams that was not playing at their best. Miami lost due to a terrible head coach (that sounds familiar) and Buffalo lost mainly due to a 1st round QB bust. As bad as Rex Ryan has been, I can't put this loss mainly on him. He did the best he can with a QB that simply can't protect the football. 

6. When Gus Bradley said that he wasn't concerned that his team didn't know how to finish a game after a close loss earlier in the season, that concerns me greatly. That IS part of his job as head coach. When I said his team playing prevent defense when constant pressure is making Manual become the 2nd coming of Jameis Winston and allowed him to slowly get back in the game, I was even more concerning. When I see Gerhart on the field for 4 straight rushing plays at the 1 and Yeldon on the sidelines despite the latter has already rushed for 100+ years is just as concerning. Seeing the Jaguars almost lose this game despite leading by as much as 24 points is a coaching nightmare.

None of that should be happening.

Honestly, if we was in any other division, I would be a little more patient. But since we are in a division that is ripe for our taking, if we don't win this division that everyone else is trying to give to us, Gus Bradley should be fired immediately afterwards. We have the most complete team in the division. There is no excuse why we are not on top of this pathetic division this year.

Get us in the playoffs, Bradley, or get canned.

Messages In This Thread
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 09-27-2015, 04:54 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 09-27-2015, 05:22 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Mike1989 - 09-27-2015, 07:02 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 09-27-2015, 07:38 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Mike1989 - 09-28-2015, 10:26 AM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 10-04-2015, 04:35 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 10-04-2015, 04:42 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 10-04-2015, 04:51 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 10-04-2015, 05:01 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 10-04-2015, 06:13 PM
The Giant Fire Gus & Dave Thread (MERGED) - by Guest - 10-04-2015, 06:29 PM