Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Raines Loses to Booker T Washington

Quote:The FHSAA did not ban Nease because of Tebow.  It was an entirely separate incident.  A father in 2006 was hired by an assistant coach to work for him and they were given living arrangements.  Tebow was already at UF when this happened.

The kid's family was just as shady as Tebow's....they wanted the best situation for their son.  I think it's great he went to Raines.  I loved watching their highlights on Friday nights.

http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2006/1107

FHSAA did not fine Nease $20,000 and place them on probation DIRECTLY because of Tebow, but Tebow is what caused St Aug and the other schools to report Nease's infractions to the FHSAA.  After Tebow, they were being monitored very closely due to the shady coaching deals of Craig Howard.   It's like the police bringing in mafia members on tax evasion instead of the 20+ murders they're responsible for.

Personally, i'm glad they cleaned it up at Nease and PVHS.  I'd rather go there and see the kids from the community playing than to watch the upcoming QB (that grew up in the neighborhood) get displaced for a dude that lives 30 miles away. I'll take a few extra loses to keep our community and integrity in tact.

I'll pull for Raines next year as long as someone like Davis McHill III (made up name) doesn't show up from out of the blue to be their QB. 

Messages In This Thread
Raines Loses to Booker T Washington - by TravC59 - 12-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Raines Loses to Booker T Washington - by TravC59 - 12-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Raines Loses to Booker T Washington - by TravC59 - 12-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Raines Loses to Booker T Washington - by TravC59 - 12-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Raines Loses to Booker T Washington - by HURRICANE!!! - 12-08-2015, 06:08 PM