Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jason Myers misses (2) more PATs... 6 for the year and WORST in the NFL

Last week a bunch more PATs were missed league-wide, and I notice as much virtually every week. It's crazy.

I keep thinking back to when Scobee had a bad season early on and there was talk of cutting him. He talked to an expert about it and learned that he was kicking ever kick at full strength, and that by easing off the shorter kicks his accuracy improved dramatically. He was gold for years afterward. I see the same thing with Myers where I'm convinced he can improve his accuracy by easing off on the shorter kicks. I notice his PATs are often at or over the top of the uprights. There's no need to kick them that hard.

Myers FG stats are still incredibly competitive if you can somehow overlook that one ugly shank from under 30 against the Ravens which they're claiming they blocked. Aside from the PATs, he's really been good. I know this doesn't excuse his league-worst PAT kicking, but it makes me think this is the one thing that if he works on and corrects, dude could be a totally stud kicker. He certainly has the leg strength, and his 58-yard game winner is still one of the best kicks league-wide.

Definitely bring in some competition this offseason and may the best Kicker win the job. I'm just saying it wont' shock me that if Myers figures out how to nail these PATs, he might just have what it takes to beat out any and all challengers to the spot next year.

'02

Messages In This Thread
Jason Myers misses (2) more PATs... 6 for the year and WORST in the NFL - by Jags02 - 12-30-2015, 11:57 PM