Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NCAA Not Happy With Michigan's Spring Break Practices

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/...m-harbaugh

Great article.

Quote from Jake Butt in the article:

“We don’t have to worry about classes now. All we can focus on is football, and then we’re out on the beach relaxing. It’s unbelievable,” Butt said Tuesday. “Not everyone on our team is going to be able to take a spring break to get away. We’re away. We’re down here in Florida. Beautiful territory. Sun shining. Not too hot. Nice breeze. Eating great food with our brothers. I don’t have anything negative to say about it.”

I love this paragraph by Staples:

"Those aggrieved coaches likely will get a rule passed in the next year to make sure no one ever does this again, and this will put Harbaugh in excellent company. Nine years ago, SEC and ACC coaches freaked out about a first-year head coach who made whirlwind trips around the South to high schools during the spring evaluation period. They accused him of breaking the NCAA’s “bump rule,” but in reality they just didn’t want to work as hard as he did. His name is Nick Saban, and since the passage of the “Saban Rule,” which banned head coaches from visiting schools during that spring evaluation period, Saban’s Alabama teams have won four national titles. Saban responded to the rule by becoming one of the first coaches to use video conferencing to contact recruits. If Harbaugh’s plan meets regulatory resistance next year, he’ll probably come up with something else his fellow coaches will wish they’d thought of first."

Also, I didn't see this tweet from Jake Butt a couple weeks ago:

"As a student athlete, I like the idea of knocking out some of my spring practices when I don't have to worry about class.. #perspective"

Messages In This Thread
NCAA Not Happy With Michigan's Spring Break Practices - by hailtoyourvictor - 03-02-2016, 07:09 PM