Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Made Deal to Make Sure Michael Sam Did Not Go Undrafted

Quote:Listen...

I am sorry if I was being rude. I didn't call you any names as you allege, but rude in tone I will give you. I got a little upset that you were apparently broadbrushing an entire group of people and reducing their lives down to a cry for attention or fitting in. If you have known somebody where that was the case, fine. I know lots of people where that absolutely WASN'T the case. 

I don't believe I said you called me names. But people on here do resort to that. I wasn't directing that at you specifically. You have your experiences and I have mine. 

All too often, people are decidedly emphatic that all gay people are the way they are because they chose it, because it doesn't fit in that particular person's worldview that it could be any other way. This can be yours (or someones) opinion, but I certainly don't have to like it or agree with it.

No, you don't. I never said you did.

Then you bust out the part about people you know, and how "You don't know anything about me or how I have lived. It would make some people here cry if they knew the things I've dealt with. I don't say that wanting sympathy because I sure don't need it, just pointing out a fact." I failed to see how somebody you knew choosing to be gay related to whatever hardships or struggles YOU have experienced. You said you didn't want to talk about it, but gave a vivid enough description that would make people think that yeah, you indeed do want people to ask you about it.

Actually I was making a point that no one knows the life I've lived or experiences I've had that give me the perspective I have that actually was part of the conversation. That's the type of thing I meant. I certainly didn't imply that I wanted anyone to ask anything. I am not an attention seeker. At all.

The point I was trying to make was 1) you allegedly don't want anybody to care 2) it's none of my business, and I don't care, and 3) it doesn't seem to have anything to do with your gay friend who chose to be gay.

Okay. This doesn't make any sense to me at all so moving on.

As for everyone else, I never once infringed on anybody's free-speech (this part is laughable) and I have the right to my own opinion on the subject. I admit to being rude, but lets not for a minute pretend like no one else has been rude to someone of which they disagree.

So, apologies to americus 2.0. You have the right to your opinion, I just think its unfair to project people's homosexuality as a cry for attention.

Who the hell is crying for attention? I am not. I made a comment about a friend of mine and others I've known and now it's a cry for attention? I'm actually quite done with this conversation with you. It's clear we are not going to agree so we're going to agree to disagree. I accept and appreciate your apology. We're done here. 

Messages In This Thread
NFL Made Deal to Make Sure Michael Sam Did Not Go Undrafted - by americus 2.0 - 04-20-2016, 12:09 AM