Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Matthew Stafford is Andy Dalton 2.0

Seriously, what happened to Stafford?

From all of the Lions games that I've watched over the last three years, my take on Stafford is this: a smart and talented QB who has a cannon for an arm but is mechanically flawed and makes bad decisions when being pressured.

There are times when I watched him throw a football and my eyes were wide opened -- dude simply has the sickest arm in the game.  Some of his long bombs were sick, but most of his game-changing deep throws where prayers/hail mary to Calvin Johnson.  His decision makings when being pressured, especially for being a 5th year veteran, are terrible; he reverts back to his bad habits and make terrible throws.  The more I watched him plays, I realize that at this stage in his development, he's a one-trick-pony QB.

He simply has no touch in his throws.  Most of the time he throws a 20-yarder with the same velocity as when he throws a 60-yarder, making it much more difficult for his receivers to catch the football.  And when he tries to soften his throws, he side-arm them, and he makes it worse when by throwing them off his back-foot.  I thought Vick and V.Young had the funkiest side-arm throwing motion until I watch Stafford throwing the football at a 45 degree angle as if he playing baseball.

I'm not saying that he's Andy Dalton conclusively as his ceiling is higher than that of Dalton.  But if Detroit can't find a coach to correct his flawed mechanics and bad habits with decision makings -- and I really don't know if it's already too late to correct his flaws being that this is his 5th starting year -- they are looking at a "flashier" version of Andy Dalton.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Matthew Stafford is Andy Dalton 2.0 - by shangster - 12-22-2013, 02:12 AM
Matthew Stafford is Andy Dalton 2.0 - by EricC85 - 12-22-2013, 03:51 AM
Matthew Stafford is Andy Dalton 2.0 - by foo895 - 12-22-2013, 05:27 AM
Matthew Stafford is Andy Dalton 2.0 - by roycee - 12-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Matthew Stafford is Andy Dalton 2.0 - by foo895 - 12-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Matthew Stafford is Andy Dalton 2.0 - by foo895 - 12-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Matthew Stafford is Andy Dalton 2.0 - by Superman - 12-24-2013, 12:50 AM
Matthew Stafford is Andy Dalton 2.0 - by Adam2012 - 12-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Matthew Stafford is Andy Dalton 2.0 - by Deacon - 12-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Matthew Stafford is Andy Dalton 2.0 - by Adam2012 - 12-26-2013, 01:52 PM