Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Because Caldwell is linked to the hip with Bortles. Realistically Bortles is the starter next year unless we draft a QB high. Yeah I do. Clock will start when they pick a QB high this year or next year , if the QB shows good growth the HC will stay longer, its not that complicated.

Yeah that's what happens with opinions my man. I like Bortles and hope the same happens , I'm just skeptical he will ever develop into a good QB.

Point being Bortles knows he needs to work on his mechanics as much as possible. He didn't do that. Rivers has a strange motion but is HOFer who wins in every area of the field with his throws, Bortles does not have that luxury. What do you think House told him to do when they worked with each other this offseason? Do you think he told him to just let his mechanics regress or do you think he told him to work his [BAD WORD REMOVED] of and have them ready to go for the start of the season? I'd wager the latter.

He doesn't need them to be perfect , even average mechanics will do. When you turn the ball over as much as Blake does and consistently make mental errors you need to be able to rely on your arm. We saw what happens when Blake doesn't have faith in his arm.
Okay, you brought me back in for one more. lol

Caldwell is linked to Bortles sure, but if we start winning it won't matter. Say we bring in a vet or draft a guy like Mahomes who I like, and Bortles gets beat out and they take over. If we go 7-9/8-8 with them instead of Bortles at QB, you really think Caldwell is getting fired? I don't. That same situation the 49ers are in could be said about the Jaguars. If the 49ers pass on a QB this year and get one in 2018, why can't the Jaguars do the same? We aren't picking up Bortles option for 2018. If he flames out next year, a HC will get his pick of the litter at QB in the draft in 2018.

The Jets were close to firing Todd Bowles who was forced to have Fitzpatrick at QB when he went 10-6 last year. Yet, this coach in SF, is getting the same amount of time as Gus Bradley or more? If he does well, of course he will. Same goes for Caldwell and our new HC. If the HC does well, than we'll do well, and he'll be here until a change is needed several years from now.

He had average mechanics in 2015. We had a very solid offense considering the offensive line and running game. He has shown he can be that guy. He had a setback this year, not the first QB to have a poor year. Not going to flip out about him with it happening, especially with the coaching staff we saddled him with.

Messages In This Thread
***The official head coach search thread*** - by C-Dub93 - 01-03-2017, 12:44 AM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Mike1989 - 01-05-2017, 11:39 AM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Guest - 01-05-2017, 11:27 PM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Mike1989 - 01-07-2017, 05:33 AM