Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Smith is a solid choice, but he just doesn't do anything for me. He's never had a great top 10 Defense EVER, he had Ryan, Turner, and a young Rody White, he's always had a talented offense in his time in Atlanta. I would hope Dave would pick him because of his ability to lead NOT that he was a HC previous (although that helps)

Look at Dan Quinn, McAdoo or Gase, or Bill OBrien, Arians, etc

Then look at Hue Jackson, Jeff Fisher, Chip Kelly, Rex Ryan, John Fox...

HC experience imo doesn't matter. Either you have dat special sauce in the moment or you don't.

My vote is still for shanahan or McDaniels

He had tons of great defenses he coached here in JAX. After he left our defense dropped off significantly. Now this year he turned around TB's in a big way and nearly got them into the playoffs because of it. They've had troubles for several years defensively.

So you like McDaniels more even though his first go around he totally bombed, was an ego-maniac, and hasn't had success outside of NE? I mean come on dude, it goes both ways. If you just don't like Smith it's ok, but if we're taking away his success because he had some pieces offensively then how aren't we doing that with him having Brady? McDaniels was also the OC in STL for one year I believe and had the 32nd ranked offensive with Sam Bradford (so an OK QB). 

Considering we just fired a first time guy in Gus, it goes both ways. No, exp isn't the end all be all, but when he was the 2nd fastest HC in history to get to 60 wins and had a lot of success, showing he could most definitely lead a team, that exp. is pretty impressive/important.

Messages In This Thread
***The official head coach search thread*** - by C-Dub93 - 01-04-2017, 12:26 AM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Mike1989 - 01-05-2017, 11:39 AM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Guest - 01-05-2017, 11:27 PM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Mike1989 - 01-07-2017, 05:33 AM