Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Like I said, he isn't who I want. I want to clean house. But let's not act like Marrone is a bad candidate here. Apparently either Tom, Belicheck, or Payton talked to Khan about him and said we should hire him. He had huge success turning a terrible Syracuse program around and getting them into bowls. Went to Buffalo and got to 9 wins with Kyle Orton at QB. Came here and in his 2 games as HC made the offense look totally competent again while only having a few days of practice to put his mark on it/work with Blake.

He is clearly after Shanny/McD/Smith for me as a candidate, but he's a good coach. He'd at least get this team turned around and into a .500-10 win team again imo. Would he be able to do more than that? IDK. But I don't think we really have a very good idea if any of the guys we interview can do that as none has done it.
I would take him in a heart beat.  Lack of weapons and competitive. And even if go 500 next year.  People here will be happy.  It has been so long! 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Messages In This Thread
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Teal Time Radio - 01-05-2017, 01:49 AM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Mike1989 - 01-05-2017, 11:39 AM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Guest - 01-05-2017, 11:27 PM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Mike1989 - 01-07-2017, 05:33 AM