Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***The official head coach search thread***

Quote:Should I hate myself that I think that Marrone and Hackett would be a good Offensive coaching staff (with Marrone as HC of course)? But I think I should really hate myself for wanting an overhaul of the Defensive staff in that case.

Part of me wants new blood in here but the other part wants continuity for Bortles' sake. 

I need a drink.

Not really.

Doug Marrone did a fair job with the Bills. He took them from 6-10 with EJ Manuel to 9-7 with Kyle Orton and arguably they might have made the play offs if Kyle Orton had started the entire season. Their 2013 defense went from 22nd in total defense to 10th and saw Mike Pettine get hired by the Browns, and their 2014 defense under Jim Schwartz made strides and became a top five unit. Sure he ended up bolting from Buffalo when their new owner came into town and he didn't get an extension or the guarantees he desired, but overall he did a fair job with them and never really had a great set of players on the offensive side.

If we look at what he has to work with him. Blake Bortles may never become an elite quarterback, but he's good enough to start in this league and can be prolific in the right offense. We have as good a set of receivers as any team in the league with A-Rob, Lee, Hurns, Walters, and Benn. We have talent at running back, but there does need to be a greater commitment to the running game. And the O-line has improved and can still get better with investment. Overall, this offense has the ability to be a top ten unit - something he never had in Buffalo. So if he did get the job with us, he has a talented offense to work with, and a talented defense to work with. There's no reason he couldn't be a good option for us if we decided to go down that route. 

Messages In This Thread
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Mike1989 - 01-05-2017, 11:39 AM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Guest - 01-05-2017, 11:27 PM
***The official head coach search thread*** - by Mike1989 - 01-07-2017, 05:33 AM