Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Belief in Player Development Extinct?

Quote:...

If we dont have competition at qb. We are all screwed once again.

I think there will be competition, but it might not be the competition you prefer.  It's also possible they wait one more season to add another viable QB. 

You know I'm hoping for a guy like Webb in the 4th round of the draft or something similar. 

Still you should check out what Coughlin had to say on the matter: 

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...438723a01d

"There's plenty of work for everybody to do. Blake included. To raise the game to a higher level, it takes all components. That's why I mention the protection...the timing...taking care of the football which is paramount to that position. There can be no way the ball is turned over to that extent. "

How much does the gap between running and passing bother you?

"A lot. I don't think you're helping the QB at all when you don't rush the football."

<i> </i>Milanovich went from a HC candidate elsewhere to the QB coach here. How did that process happen? 

"I can tell you this:  (paraphrased) "...of all the candidates that sat in that chair, and there were other outstanding ones, Doug did his due diligence on all of them and that's the one he thought did the best job and that's why he's here." 

^^player development relevance  ^^ 

<i> </i>Coughlin isn't satisfied clearly,  and he expects a lot more from Blake.

If you are going to tout TC as the new voice of reason in the building in other posts, you'll need to be accepting of his treatment of the QB position as well. And it may not be the treatment you desire. 

Messages In This Thread
Is Belief in Player Development Extinct? - by FBT - 02-24-2017, 02:38 PM
Is Belief in Player Development Extinct? - by Diz - 02-24-2017, 05:39 PM
Is Belief in Player Development Extinct? - by NYC4jags - 02-25-2017, 01:59 PM