Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LeBron James is the all time leader in playoff points

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2017, 07:47 PM by realtorpat.)

Quote:It took more game for Lebron to pass him but Lebron took 119 less shots.... so the point is moot.

Lebron talent wise is better than Jordan. Jordan was swept in the 1st round of the playoffs when he was 22 but when Lebron was 22, he went to the NBA finals with a no body roster.

If I was starting a team from scratch with every NBA player ever, I'd choose Lebron.
lets see how much of this I can pick apart.  

119 less shots.  Well Lebron typically plays closer to the rim than Jordan did over the course of his career where the FG% is higher

Talent wise Lebron is comparable to Magic Johnson more than Jordan.  They are both more talented than each other at their respective positions, although each played multiple positions.  Physically ya Lebron is better but talent wise they have different games so that is hard to compare.

You probably prefer Lebron because he passes more and is a better team player?

However Jordan Dominated at both ends of the court his entire career.  An example is being a 9 time NBA first team defender, Lebron has accomplished that feat only 5 times.  

Jordan also led the league in scoring 10 times vs Lebrons once

Jordan also has 700 more steals 2514 vs 1749

Lebron has more assists 7461 vs 5633

Lebron has more total rebounds 7707 vs 6672  

In those two categories is slightly better 

Jordan puts up 30+ pts per game in every postseason but one

Lebron accomplishes this fete 5 times.

Playoff turnovers Jordan has 546 Lebron has 751

so at 22 Jordan was a second year player and been to the playoffs twice and he lost to the team that would eventually win the finals.

at 22 Lebron was a 4th year player and been to the playoffs twice.  O and he got swept

well ya lets look at that 2nd year Bulls team Jordan was on and find all the stars.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1986.html

o wait there are none.

O wait Jordan only played 18 games that year and went into the playoffs without a seasons worth of momentum to call upon

O wait Jordan still averaged 43.7 pts in those playoffs.

now for fun go back and look at the Jordan playoff gamelogs and find me games that show Jordan quit on his team?  Which Lebron did vs the Magic in 09 and more recently the Mavericks.

took Jordan 7 years to get his first championship by 10 years in he had 3

took Lebron 9, took him 13 to get 3.

I'll take Jordan everyday.

Go ahead and make the Pippen argument next I've got some good ones for that.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Messages In This Thread
LeBron James is the all time leader in playoff points - by Pattherealtor - 05-27-2017, 05:49 PM