Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't typically like Walterfootball, but spot on..

JACKSONVILLE OFFENSE: Gus Bradley is fine with sabotaging his 2014 season, apparently. With the Colts 0-2 and two impending games against the Texans coming up, Jacksonville had a very rare opportunity to be competitive for the divisional title this year. All Bradley had to do was start Blake Bortles, much like his former mentor, Pete Carroll, went with a rookie (Russell Wilson) over a crappy veteran (Matt Flynn) in Seattle. Bortles proved that he was ready after a brilliant preseason, but Bradley has foolishly and stubbornly stuck with Chad Henne, rendering his team irrelevant in 2014.

You have to wonder if the Jaguar players are going to quit on Bradley (or if they already have). Bradley is essentially saying the Jaguars can't compete now, so Bortles may as well sit. How do the other players feel about that? They're being told they're not good enough, which has to be depressing.

Jacksonville is certainly not good enough with Henne. He is pure garbage. Blame the offensive line all you want - and it's not very good - but some of those 10 sacks were Henne's fault because he failed to recognize blitzes and held on to the ball too long. The Colts don't have much of a pass rush, but even they'll be able to put heat on Henne. And unlike Monday night, they won't have a quick running back on the other side slipping through tackles. Toby Gerhart is slow and hobbled, so I wouldn't expect him to generate much yardage.

INDIANAPOLIS OFFENSE: The Jaguars do get a bit of good news this week in John Cyprien returning to the lineup. Cyprien is the best Jacksonville defensive back by a mile, and it was not a coincidence that the Eagles began scoring in the season opener once Cyprien left with a concussion. However, it's difficult to imagine Cyrpien covering up all of Jacksonville's coverage problems. There were Redskins open on every single play last week, so it wasn't surprising that Kirk Cousins was so dominant.

If Cousins was able to dissect the Jaguars, I don't see why Luck couldn't either. Jacksonville can try to rattle Luck by putting pressure on him, but the athletic quarterback will once again be able to use his legs to move the chains.

The Colts should be able to run the ball as well - Jacksonville is 16th in YPC - but their fans will be hoping for Ahmad Bradshaw to handle the bulk of the workload. I have no clue what the hell Pep Hamilton was thinking by A) feeding Trent Richardson the ball on two of three plays during the final offensive drive and B) using Richardson over Ahmad Bradshaw when the latter is clearly better and more reliable. I'd say Monday night could serve as a signal to the Colts that they have to utilize Bradshaw more often, but I'm not sure Hamilton is smart enough to recognize that. Besides, there could be pressure from the inept general manager to use Richardson after he squandered a first-round pick on him exactly 364 days ago.

RECAP: I LOVE the Jaguars this week! Just kidding. Jacksonville is poisonous, so I won't be betting on them anytime soon. That could change if Bortles takes the field, but that would require Bradley not being completely inept.

I'm going to take the Colts for a few units, actually. I still love Luck off a loss (we were robbed of four units by incompetent and/or crooked refs), and 0-2 playoff teams have a great track record of covering. It helps that teams that lost as home favorites by 1-3 points tend to rebound the following week as road favorites.

This is also a fade of the Jaguars. As mentioned, it seems like the players have quit on Bradley. He's essentially telling them that they're not good enough to win now; they're not worth risking a precious rookie quarterback prospect over. That has to be highly depressing. Nice job motivating your team, Gus.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
Don't typically like Walterfootball, but spot on.. - by StroudCrowd1 - 09-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Don't typically like Walterfootball, but spot on.. - by Guest - 09-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Don't typically like Walterfootball, but spot on.. - by Guest - 09-21-2014, 11:42 AM