Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No "franchise" QB is this draft per Baldinger and Evans

Quote:Your standards are WAY too high.

Under that rationale, Elway, Aikman, Manning, Favre, Rodgers and many others would all not be drafted by you, because none of those guys immediately turned around the teams they were with to that degree in their first seasons.

Aikman went winless in his first year.  Was he not worth the top pick in that draft, which included Hall of Famers Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders and Derrick Thomas in the top 5-6?

Peyton Manning went 3-13 his first season with the Colts.  He would be another Hall of Fame caliber QB that would fail to meet your standards as expressed above.

Aaron Rodgers first year as a starter saw the Packers finish something like 5-11.

Would you have joined Jerry Glanville in trading away Brett Favre because he stayed on the bench in the first year even after being drafted in the second round?!?  For that matter, wouldn't you have been among the then 28 GMs that passed him up in the first round in the first place?

Montana?  No, he wouldn't have been worth it either since he wasn't a starter his rookie year.  For that matter, neither was Tom Brady or Terry Bradshaw.

I can understand misgivings about the QBs in this draft.

But if the above quoted represents the standards to which a QB must meet or exceed to justify a top draft choice expended by you, you'd never draft a QB.
If that's what you took from that fine.....but I think we know that is not what I meant in the slightest....

It was basically paraphrasing what the video said, and I have said on numerous occasions that I think Teddy and Manziel are 1st round talents......

But just because someone is worthy of 1st round doesn't mean they are worthy of #3 overall......

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
No "franchise" QB is this draft per Baldinger and Evans - by GreeceMonkE - 03-20-2014, 03:29 PM